walaber

Ninja Wall Jump game - WIP

My AA cart is lonely and in need of some Ninja love! (Some Zippy and Star Castle would make a great threesome)

Sent from my finger.

Should be available in the store soon!

I took mine into work today and set it up next to my desk, and brought along some other homebrew games too (Flappy always gets a good reaction) :)

CMD9c_hVAAAZizv.jpg

• Like 2

hey! any news on when these carts will be made, this looks to be about the best homebrew 2600 game i have seen, would love to play it on actual hardwear!

also kudos atariage forums for this whole thread, great to see so many people help with input on thiis guys game development!

nice one

=)

Is there any update on when these new games will be out? I want to order some other stuff and take advantage of combined shipping, but if it is going to be another month or so I will order the other stuff now and this later...

Ahkay, he had said previously the Classic Gaming Fest, but that would make sense. I don't think an order I'd make in mid-October would arrive before November the 14th, which is when I'd need the other thing by (I live in Australia), so I probably should just order this stuff nowish and the new stuff later on :)

Edited by K.Michael

I was going to pick Crackpots if I win the medal round in the HSC... but I think I just changed my mind.

Superb game!

Saw this at PRGE and it was an impulse buy (when I found out the show was ending for the day in 15 mins). I saw it on display when I walked by Atariage's booth's and this along with Jump VCS caught my attention. Albert graciously assisted with the purchase (as I took him out of conversation with another patron) along with a few other carts

This game is one of my favorites. Kudos to the author. Would have liked to have heard some more Atarivox, but perhaps there's more the farther you get?...here's a video I did via streaming on an RGB modded Vader output to an XRGB Framemeister...

https://youtu.be/M4ozfbcvjo8?t=3m32s

Edited by funkwad

Saw this at PRGE and it was an impulse buy (when I found out the show was ending for the day in 15 mins). I saw it on display when I walked by Atariage's booth's and this along with Jump VCS caught my attention. Albert graciously assisted with the purchase (as I took him out of conversation with another patron) along with a few other carts

This game is one of my favorites. Kudos to the author. Would have liked to have heard some more Atarivox, but perhaps there's more the farther you get?...here's a video I did via streaming on an RGB modded Vader output to an XRGB Framemeister...

https://youtu.be/M4ozfbcvjo8?t=3m32s

Sorry about the AtariVox confusion, it's only used for saving high scores for all of the modes, there isn't actually any voice FX.

I played only two games so far and this could be the most addictive of all the games that just came out. Awesome job making this game. Nobody should miss out on buying it.

This is the gold standard of Atari 2600 games. Whenever I assess a game's worth, I think, "How would this game have done during Atari's reighn?"

This, my friend, would have done VERY well indeed.

Kudos to you, sir; this game is AWESOME. Simple, elegant, addictive.

• Like 1

Hey just a heads up, I bought this game and it's amazing, but I'm having trouble with high score saving on my AtariVox. It seems the Vox chirps and doesn't save the high score. Not sure if it's my Vox that's acting up or the game. I speaks properly and recalls my old high scores in other games, but high score saving doesn't seem to work in Wall Jump Ninja.

Don't mean to derail so I made another thread (with video):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246942-atarivox-not-saving-high-scores-in-wall-jump-ninja/

I may be guessing that the Atarivox's memory might be full to record more score.

That's not how the Vox works. I own maybe a half dozen or so titles that use it. Each released homebrew game get's it's own memory slot and there is a ton of unallocated memory left for future homebrews.

Well it took a while but here is an updated ROM in all 3 formats, this fixes SaveKey issues. Beware that if you have the 1.0 version, and you play the game on "Hard (no lava", it's possible that the game will overwrite a byte on the saveKey that's reserved for "Assembloids". The new build resolves the issue and keeps save data in the proper spot for Wall Jump Ninja on the SaveKey :skull:

wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_NTSC.bin

wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_PAL.bin

wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_PAL60.bin

• Like 7

Is a box still available for this? :)

I'm pretty sure I do have some boxes, let me see what I have and I can add them as an option for Wall Jump Ninja. :)

..Al

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure I do have some boxes, let me see what I have and I can add them as an option for Wall Jump Ninja. :)

..Al

Thanks, Al!

We'll be featuring Wall Jump Ninja LIVE on tomorrow's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT where I will try to reclaim my WORLD RECORD!!! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Gene Medic (2017) by Jason H. Moore aka scitari
- Battle-Zuma (2019) by Ricardo Pim
- Wall Jump Ninja (2015) (World Record Attempt) by walaber
- Kaboom! (1981) (Patch Attempt) by Larry Kaplan

815040765_20190913-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.5256bde289c201633257d8d7594e3035.jpg

• Like 1