IGNORED

atari 400 power supply question

traindriver69

hi all

I have a boxed atari 400 on its way without a power supply I have a spare power supply in my collection but it has no plug on it and the two wires are not color coded so does anyone know which wire goes where in the plug or does it matter.

many thanks in advance

if it is a 9v AC pwr sply then it doesn't make any difference which is which. I'm sure you need a correct size and shape plug.

In the input/mains cable you should have two wires; one blue and one brown.

The Brown one goes to the Live pin of the plug, this is the one with a inline fuse connected,

The Blue cable goes to the Neutral pin of the plug.

The top pin (its a longer pin) is for earth connections this isn't used, for this Power unit.

ALSO Please make sure you have a low rated fuse in the fuse holder of the plug (3 Amps should be OK). Dont leave the default 13 AMP fuse in.

Interesting, Mine are all different to that, and that is about 8 of them.

OK then just wire up the two bare wires to live and neutral pins of the mains plug. One to each.

The internal transformer won't care. Only issue might be an internal fuse. But plugs are externally fused in the UK anyway. remember 3 Amp fuse should be fine.

Edited by Sub(Function(:))