IGNORED

Carol vs. The World 2014 Championship

DZ-Jay

I was going to get some good gaming in today until i go to my car, find it ransacked, someone broke the lock assembly on the door and tried to steal my car causing me to spend forever replacing the ignition cylinder. $130 later i can drive my car. Now tomorrow i get to fix the door so i can lock it. Some grinch just took all my christmas spirit away. :mad:

Edited by pimpmaul69

Sorry about your misfortune, pimpmaul :| That sucks.

I'd suggest playing some Intellivision to make you feel better ;) It won't fix your car, but it might take your mind off of it for a bit.

i did. :) :)

Here is my score after finishing level 9. Oh noes!! Notice my buddy christ sitting below that score? :D

post-30773-0-47560000-1417668268_thumb.jpg

Here is my final score

post-30773-0-97495500-1417668409_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 3

I was going to get some good gaming in today until i go to my car, find it ransacked, someone broke the lock assembly on the door and tried to steal my car causing me to spend forever replacing the ignition cylinder. $130 later i can drive my car. Now tomorrow i get to fix the door so i can lock it. Some grinch just took all my christmas spirit away. :mad:

That's terrible. It really sucks the fun out of things to have your car broken into (mine wasn't as bad as your's).

• Like 1

Wow, I wake up early to find such activity in this thread. I'm just thrilled! Rather than spamming the thread with individual posts, I'll respond in-line to all in one go. I hope I got everyone...

In any case, I've updated the official leaderboard, so go check yourselves out!

-dZ.

score for the day - 1868

You're on a roll! Are you going for the 12 Days Of Christmas Carol?

attachicon.gifWP_000185.jpg

Alil better but not much, 1,898

What do you mean? It is much better! Think about it like this: in a game that awards you 1 point for candy and three for a present, improving your score by 300 points is quite an achievement. :)

My first attempt of the year:

Yay! Welcome back, Ranger Elf Jason! It's always nice to see veterans come back! Now, make sure not to camp out with the rookies this year. I want to see your name go up the ranks as you deserve. :)

Today's score: 1,366

attachicon.gifxmas.png

Wow, and that's all with Perfect Scores all the way? That's impressive! To me, it's nigh impossible to get a Perfect Score in Candy Cove. And when I have done so, I die right after. :lol:

Nonetheless, I'm sure you're up to the challenge, so keep it up!

2nd attempt:

Lol, I just realized I tied Darrin9999 :grin:

Not quite, look at the last digits of the score, they are transposed. ;)

4846. Today's score ... not so hot. Trying to talk to my wife and play at the same time doesn't work too well :).

Pimpmaul ... here's hoping some Christmas magic comes your way. Sending some karma your way!

attachicon.gifdec3.png

Tell you're wife to let you concentrate in saving Christmas; after all, the children of the world are counting on you! :o

Or better yet, perhaps she'll like to give it a try? There could be a patch or Certificate Of Elf Merit with Mrs. Fushek's name on it? ;)

i did. :) :)
Here is my score after finishing level 9. Oh noes!! Notice my buddy christ sitting below that score? :D
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
Here is my final score
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hey, Pimp! We finally see your score after three years of lurking in the shadows! Not bad at all. You made it past that pesky Candy Cove, so you're doing all right.

Keep cracking, buddy!

By the way, I just noticed your li'l friend on the photo--at least he seems to approve of your score. For those who missed it, here it is... ENHANCE!

post-27318-0-52758800-1417690480_thumb.jpg

My first day of playing.

Last attempt tonight

attachicon.gifshot0001.gif

Welcome, bcprs1!

It's great to see new blood here. Those are perfectly respectable scores for a first timer. No, strike that. Those are fantastic scores even for veterans! :)

I hope you stick around for the rest of the championship continue posting your progress. This is more than a competition... it's an event!

Don't forget to check out the achievements page to see what other challenges you can take!

anyone wanna tie me for last place? :grin:

Just wait until cmart comes along! By the way, where is cmart? I'm still waiting for his post... ;)

I'd like to share some tips. :)

There are so many that prabably I'll have to remember and post them next days. :)
Unfortunately, after everything I've already said and the videoss I've already posted, I guess I don't have much more to tell... :( Who knows? ;)

In first place, it's good to know some tips and, especially, videos can spoil the fun. So you decide how much you want to discover for yourself and when to search for a little help.

Many tips and much more! It's good to check how great and fun times we had.

First Carol vs the World Contest

Second Carol vs the World Contest

To achieve big scores, it's good to better understand and appreciate the game:

download.png Instruction Booklet

Now some secrets.

In the very last day of 2013 contest I broke the 20k mark :grin: There are many tips in the video and I'll comment them later.

Sorry for the quality of images...

Now, good quality short and nice video

I guess it's enough for today. Or maybe too much?!...

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 2

The fourth day in the Carol vs. The World! Championship is dawning! Get your scores in!

Remember, to earn the 12 Days Of Christmas Carol achievement you must play the game and submit a score every day for 12 consecutive days! So get cracking!

PERFECT PERFECT!! Woohoo! I got 2 perfects in a row. Nice to find a pattern that works. Kind of a pain with 16 way direction on an analog stick. So many times i go directions i dont want to go.

Congratulations! You've earned the achievement The Perfectionist Elf! Go see marvel at your standing in the official leaderboard.

By the way, you forgot to send the final score! :P

Also, why are you playing with an analog stick?

Score for the Day - 2058

My Tandyvision decided not to be in color today!

I hate it when that happens, it's like playing video games in the stone age! :lol:

At least you got some progress!

I'd like to share some tips. :)

There are so many that prabably I'll have to remember and post them next days. :)
Unfortunately, after everything I've already said and the videoss I've already posted, I guess I don't have much more to tell... :( Who knows? ;)

In first place, it's good to know some tips and, especially, videos can spoil the fun. So you decide how much you want to discover for yourself and when to search for a little help.

Many tips and much more! It's good to check how great and fun times we had.

First Carol vs the World Contest

Second Carol vs the World Contest

To achieve big scores, it's good to better understand and appreciate the game:

download.png Instruction Booklet

Thanks for posting that! I will also update the top post to include a link to the instruction booklet and some hints. Here's a thread from last year where we discussed some tips.

I've updated the official leaderboard with everyone's latest scores. Go on and brag, and keep on cracking!

Cheers!

-dZ.

Wow. I was checking the prizes and this year we also will have credit from AtariAge Store to buy games! :thumbsup:

There are many possibilities, just to mention a few of them:

If you're serious about helping Santa, you really should pick Toyshop Trouble, one of the greatest Atari homebrews I have, Juno First and Lady Bug are also great.

Shark! Shark! lovers could take their system changer and play Go Fish!

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 1

Had to switch controllers cause the cramping was unbearable. Tried several ended up with a super nintendo controller using the tap a direction method over rolling cause that just does not work with these controllers. Had a sweet ass game going and had a perfect in a harder level and tried to press the select button which is pause in jzintvwii. Repeatedly hitting it the button wasnt working. Did it so much that i ended up hitting the start button that is next to select on the snes controller which is also the reset button in jzintvwii and ended up restarting my game and losing my score. So here is my final high score.

post-30773-0-70364500-1417748268_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Had to switch controllers cause the cramping was unbearable. Tried several ended up with a super nintendo controller using the tap a direction method over rolling cause that just does not work with these controllers. Had a sweet ass game going and had a perfect in a harder level and tried to press the select button which is pause in jzintvwii. Repeatedly hitting it the button wasnt working. Did it so much that i ended up hitting the start button that is next to select on the snes controller which is also the reset button in jzintvwii and ended up restarting my game and losing my score. So here is my final high score.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The thumb-rolling is a feature of the Intellivision disc, so it may not work properly with other controllers. With an old SNES controller, you're better off tapping the directions you want.

About pausing, if you ever need to pause again, just kick it old-skool and use the in-game pause feature: press 1+9 simultaneously. The screen should go black. Then press any key (or tap the disc) to continue your game.

I just watched lid's video. I came to this conclusion, i am one pathetic loser!! :lol:

And yet, you're not the last one in the leaderboard!

No worries, I don't think you'll do bad, when you have such fantastic support: :lol:

post-27318-0-64645500-1417776009_thumb.png

That said, I encourage Gorfy and save2600 to come back and play some more... save2600, I hope you didn't get discouraged by those super high scores from the veterans! Remember, there are prizes at all skill levels. Plus, there's plenty of time to hone your skill! :)

Saved christmas again and scored - 2338

Yay!

I couldn't get over around 300 after about three tries today, so I called it quits. I love/hate this game sometimes.

But you didn't post a score, so it doesn't count towards the 12 Days Of Christmas Carol... :ponder:

Anyway, I've updated the official leaderboard.

The first week of the competition is almost over, and we see some real progress. Don't forget about achievements! Who knows what those lead to! ;)

Cheers!

-dZ.