IGNORED

Recording video from a colecovision

Manoau2002

I wondered if anyone here has tried recording video from a colecovision using one of these boxes: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digital-To-Analog-TV-Converter-Box-With-Remote-HDMI-RCA-RF-USB-PVR-Recording-/361121790054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5414893866

Would this work? Or does anyone have any suggestions of something else that would/might work? I have made some recording using a vcr to convert the signal to a dvd recorder and the result is pretty fuzzy. I own a regular unmodified colecovision.

Edited by Manoau2002

I wondered if anyone here has tried recording video from a colecovision using one of these boxes: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digital-To-Analog-TV-Converter-Box-With-Remote-HDMI-RCA-RF-USB-PVR-Recording-/361121790054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5414893866

Would this work? Or does anyone have any suggestions of something else that would/might work? I have made some recording using a vcr to convert the signal to a dvd recorder and the result is pretty fuzzy. I own a regular unmodified colecovision.

Well, I don't know if this will help; but..........years back one of the group recorded video to be played on his hotel tv feed. Simply run the rca cable for the cv or adam into the input of the vcr player and record. What channel or input you need the vcr on, I do not know. Play with it and see what happens. IF you have a modded cv with audio & video, even better to recor don a vcr. Could also run cv cable into tv and record with cellphone or camera.

Well, I don't know if this will help; but..........years back one of the group recorded video to be played on his hotel tv feed. Simply run the rca cable for the cv or adam into the input of the vcr player and record. What channel or input you need the vcr on, I do not know. Play with it and see what happens. IF you have a modded cv with audio & video, even better to recor don a vcr. Could also run cv cable into tv and record with cellphone or camera.

Yeah that's pretty much what I did except I used the feed from the vcr to record to a DVD recorder. The problem is with each added piece of electronics it reduces the video quality and the result is quite poor.

Yeah that's pretty much what I did except I used the feed from the vcr to record to a DVD recorder. The problem is with each added piece of electronics it reduces the video quality and the result is quite poor.

Can certainly understand that. The end result depends on signal quality from each device, no way around that.

If your DVD recorder has a coax (cable tv) input you can buy an F-Connector to input the signal from the Colecovision directly into the DVD recorder and bypass the VCR. The F-Connector replaces the old small switch box that you had to use to switch between tv and game. You can get them at Radio Shack or similar type places for 3 or 4 dollars if I remember correctly.

I hope this helps out.

• Like 1