IGNORED

MFM Hard Drive replacement

Gazoo

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just placed an order for three of the boards, will assemble at my leisure and see if they work with both HFDC's and my Personality card(after I repair the damage I did last year, plugging it into a regular PEB, forgot about the regs being jumpered, oh well). icon_biggrinwink.gif

Cool I plan to hook mine to the HFDCin the Geneve as well for a test.. I bought mine assembled with the beagleboard included at the price I listed above, its cheaper if you just get the board and supply your own parts/beagle

Greg

• Like 1

Cool I plan to hook mine to the HFDCin the Geneve as well for a test.. I bought mine assembled with the beagleboard included at the price I listed above, its cheaper if you just get the board and supply your own parts/beagle

Greg

Both of my Geneve's will get an HFDC, but one is on a Rave 99 motherboard, I am mounting into a tower case, so either a TI99 or the 9900 board, I am building , maybe both will get some use from it too. The personality card, once repaired will go into a ti99 PEB. I have a BB Black and a BB white(original I think). Also plan on experimenting with the TIPI info to see if I can create a TIBB.

• Like 1

Greg

Further testing on the personality card shows disk errors after copying data to the drive. I'm thinking I need to low level format it before Ti formatting it.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Further testing on the personality card shows disk errors after copying data to the drive. I'm thinking I need to low level format it before Ti formatting it.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

How did things eventually work out?

What if you did not copy one drive to it, rather just use it as an existing hard drive? Work fine?

Beery