IGNORED

-Copying from SIO2SD to Real Disks

Drummerboy

Hello,
I just looking for some info about copy files .atr or other files can be copied to real Disk on Indus GT Disk Drive.
Is this possible?.
If it is possible, how is the process?
Comments, suggests i will apreciate.
Thanks.

Attach a real disk drive to your Atari and then chain the SIO2SD to it. Use the switches and configuration options on each to set your SIO2SD to emulate the first drive and your physical drive to be the second. Boot using an ATR of some sector copier on the SIO2SD. I like Disk Wizard II myself. Put a blank in the physical drive. On ce the sector copier is booted, switch the ATR on the SIO2SD out for the ATR of the disk you want to write to physical. Copy D1 to D2. Get it right or you'll blank your ATR =). After that, disconnect the SIO2SD, set the physical drive to be D1 and boot from your newly written copy to test.

• Like 1

Sector copy is only really valid if the image architecture is the same, e.g. 88K image going to an SD floppy.

In the case of e.g. large 16 Meg ATR then you'd need to do filecopy operations and use the relevant Dos, e.g. MyDos, SpartaDosX etc.

Stuff like XEX files, you can mount to SIO2SD and have them bootable but it's not a valid way to copy them, ie SIO2SD presents an artificial disk image but you can't process it as a file. You could in theory just copy the image to a real disk although it's a bit wasteful as only one can fit on a floppy.