IGNORED

Star Castle 2600 cartridge for sale

linville

From what I have noticed looks like all the carts are having the heavy label pealing problem? Is the the labels fault or the shells not holding them?

In my experience this is usually due to the glue not being able to resist the tendency of inkjet labels to curl along the edges. However, if the label surface is porous (which it may be, I'd have to look at one of my Star Castle Arcade carts to check), that could further contribute to the labels peeling up. Thickness of the label and printing method can also affect this--for instance, thin inkjet labels with heavy ink coverage around the edges are worse as far as this goes, and if the glue isn't strong enough, you'll see peeling around the edges.

The peeling seen in the above auction photos is pretty extreme. I wonder what kind of material was used for the labels.

..Al

In my experience this is usually due to the glue not being able to resist the tendency of inkjet labels to curl along the edges. However, if the label surface is porous (which it may be, I'd have to look at one of my Star Castle Arcade carts to check), that could further contribute to the labels peeling up. Thickness of the label and printing method can also affect this--for instance, thin inkjet labels with heavy ink coverage around the edges are worse as far as this goes, and if the glue isn't strong enough, you'll see peeling around the edges.

The peeling seen in the above auction photos is pretty extreme. I wonder what kind of material was used for the labels.

..Al

Ya I was thinking it was extreme but I have seen it before on some homemade shells depending what the plastic used to make the shell was. Other times it was the inks and\or type of adhesive like you also mentioned. Perhaps it's the perfect storm with all reasons being at fault here.

In my experience this is usually due to the glue not being able to resist the tendency of inkjet labels to curl along the edges. However, if the label surface is porous (which it may be, I'd have to look at one of my Star Castle Arcade carts to check), that could further contribute to the labels peeling up.

..Al

Does this mean that the label for Star Castle Arcade is different from your standard homebrew labels?

Does this mean that the label for Star Castle Arcade is different from your standard homebrew labels?

Labels come in many types. There are different label materials (various types of paper, vinyl, etc.), different coatings, different printing methods, and different glues. You can even glue labels to carts using some type of glue, as opposed to the labels being self-adhesive. I have no idea what was used for this run of Star Castle. I should not have said "Star Castle Arcade" above, since I meant to refer to the "Star Castle" carts sold by D. Scott Williamson. The upcoming Star Castle Arcade will use the same style of labels I normally use for other homebrews.

..Al