IGNORED

Atari 7800 Homebrews and Hacks Thread

Trebor

2 hours ago, Propane13 said:

Would it be possible to add a link to the source code repo under "Color (Demo) | Nov 07, 2009 | Done"?

Absolutely; entry now reads and hyperlinks accordingly:

Color (Demo) | [Source Code] | Nov 07, 2009 | Done

2 hours ago, Propane13 said:

Also, it's funny to me how there's a video of it available...

Let's double the funny and utilize the ROM provided even more:

?

Also, check the full description on the main paqe for it. ?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Brice T said:

Could someone make one? I would buy or how could I make a pin converter

You can not convert pins and it magically will work.

If I put an Audi sticker on my VW it turns into a Audi? 

How old are you? 7? Btw this has nothing to do with the topic. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jinks said:

You can not convert pins and it magically will work.

If I put an Audi sticker on my VW it turns into a Audi? 

How old are you? 7? Btw this has nothing to do with the topic. 

I have no clue how that works I know nothing about how hardware works and I don't know what topic to go to i joined this website a week or so ago

19 hours ago, Brice T said:

I have no clue how that works I know nothing about how hardware works and I don't know what topic to go to i joined this website a week or so ago

Ok that makes sense then. If your into Atari your in the right place. Sorry to bust yer chops. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, Brice T said:

They are completely incompatible systems.  The 2600 "converter" for the Colecovision is an actual Atari 2600 inside the "converter" with a video passthrough and a power connection. You cannot even use the Colecovision controllers in their regular Colecovision ports. 

The 7800 and 5200 are as different as a Mac and PC used to be with both different hardware and different low-level software.  Even if you read a 5200 ROM and put it on a 7800 cartridge board, it still wouldn't work.  You would basically need a complete Atari 5200 (including JS ports) inside that "adapter" and probably a completely separate RV cable.  You would essentially be using the 7800 as a giant wall wart plug.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/5/2016 at 5:02 AM, Trebor said:

If the link is clicked on as captured and provided for the download, it should download to your computer. If there is a pop-up/new window that appears when clicking on the download link...

ROMS: A7800_HHDP_20160928_ROMS.zip | Watch for --> post-18-0-57240900-1475103566_thumb.png

...Just close out/ignore the pop-up. The file will still download. There is no charge. Credit card is not required, nor is the providing of any other information.

It is just the 'nature of the beast' for free file sharing sites. It saves AtariAge/Al the bandwidth bill by not providing a direct link on this site. ;)

The file link failed on Google Chrome, I wanted to get all the ROMs for the 7800 as I await the all-new Concerto SD 7800 multicart to come out soon so I can go on eBay and get a near-mint 7800 ProSystem I am eyeing up right now as soon as I get my next paycheck the week after I pay my rent this month on Wednesday, as I am planning on launching a 7800 Edition (and also an 8-bit Edition when I obtain an XEGS system and also an 8-bit SD multicart from The Brewing Academy) of The Atari Report in order to draw more subscribers and also see what kind of great games they have for them, much like I currently do for the 2600 and 5200 Editions of TAR I currently do with my Atarimax 5200 Ultimate SD and Harmony Encore 2600 SD multicarts.

Thanks! ....and I hope to join the Atari 7800 and 8-bit communities as well!!!

Ray Jackson

AtariAge user ID: BIGHMW

Host of The Atari Report

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW22q4hD1AhsdRkno-SLFw/

Edited by BIGHMW

3 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

The file link failed on Google Chrome, I wanted to get all the ROMs for the 7800 as I await the all-new Concerto SD 7800 multicart to come out soon so I can go on eBay and get a near-mint 7800 ProSystem I am eyeing up right now as soon as I get my next paycheck the week after I pay my rent this month on Wednesday, as I am planning on launching a 7800 Edition (and also an 8-bit Edition when I obtain an XEGS system and also an 8-bit SD multicart from The Brewing Academy) of The Atari Report in order to draw more subscribers and also see what kind of great games they have for them, much like I currently do for the 2600 and 5200 Editions of TAR I currently do with my Atarimax 5200 Ultimate SD and Harmony Encore 2600 SD multicarts.

Thanks! ....and I hope to join the Atari 7800 and 8-bit communities as well!!!

Ray Jackson

AtariAge user ID: BIGHMW

Host of The Atari Report

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW22q4hD1AhsdRkno-SLFw/

That's an obsolete archive (link).  Go with what is posted and linked in the O.P. instead:

"Centralizing the publicly made available homebrews, hacks, demos and prototypes, regarding latest or/and best working revision, in addition to the original library of titles with proper headers, click here for Trebors 7800 ROM PROPack."

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...