IGNORED

Atarimax Ultimate SD?!?!?!

tonyankyfan1

Oh ok, wanna make sure it's legit, and not some site that takes ur loot and makes u wait 6 months to get the product. I have noticed it on this site regarding some vendors and homebrew games.

The Atarimax SD cartridge is legit. Just so you know it is a standard coleco cartridge that has a cartridge slot of it's own that uses an SD card like you might have on your digital camera or smartphone. You can use the SD card to download roms from the internet then play them on a real ColecoVision.

This - as well as a Colecovison AV mod and controller tweak by AtariAge user (and resident Colecovision expert) "Yurkie" have me on top of the world, in the Colecovision department. Have no fear of the Atarimax Colecovision cartridge, and get a Yurkie mod, while you're at it.

Thanks everyone!!!! I'm gonna get one for christmas!!! =) you guys are incredible, I appreciate all the help and sharing the information. =)))

What are some websites that we can download free ROMS for games that are safe??? For the Atarimax Ultimate SD cart.....

Thanks Anthony

Check the pinned thread by Ikrananka right here in the CV Forum called CV Rom Update Project - Commericial Releases. All the original game releases from the 80's are included in a ZIP file and these files can be copied directly to the SD Card of the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart and then played on a real CV. This will get you started!

Thanks NIAD, HCRYCRKSTUDIO, AND AND EVERYONE!!!!! Can.we.download from an emulator as well?!?!?!

The BEST emulators for the CV are BlueMSX, ADAMem (but it's DOS based so try the Virtual ADAM package), M.E.S.S. and Meka. All the rom images can be used with these emulators or placed on the SD card of the AtariMax cart.

The AtariMax Ultimate SD is one of the best things I've ever picked up for my CV collection. Not only can it store every single ROM file that you can get your hands on, old or new, it will also hold image files and text versions of the manuals for all of the games which you can call up and read on screen. These image and manual text files will soon be available through my site (link below) hopefully in a couple of weeks, but are also available elsewhere.

Best part is if I have the ROM I don't have to sweat trying to find those rare carts that I'm still missing from my collection and paying a million dollars for them. If I have the original carts, I don't need to touch them again which means I can keep all greasy fingerprints off of them forever! :)

• 5 years later...