IGNORED

ColecoVision Flashback with alternate games :)

5-11under

Q-bert seems to work fine. I also retested the first 30 of the games, and they seem fine. BC's Quest for Tires was very slow in the first stage, but maybe it's like that anyway.

It shouldn't be slow. Here's my video of the game running on an Adam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qwP1VoIzPM#t=10

BC's QFT may suffer from the same emulator issue as The Heist does on the Flashback.

Edited by Bill Loguidice

If you could have an upgraded CoiecoVision Flashback, what games would you like to see, besides the old classics that are available on cartridge. I'm thinking of games such as Matt Patrol and Joust, to name a couple, but I'm sure there are more that would qualify. Also, which of the homebrews already on the Flashback would you definitely keep?

I'm also thinking the SCE versions of games.

I'd just be happy to see more of the old classics. I've seen some folks grousing about the quality of the emulation or the feel of the controllers. I find that those things, although not perfect, are reasonable facsimilies of the 'real thing'; but to not have Ladybug, Mousetrap, Burgertime, etc. is where I find the CV FB falls down.

• Like 1

Well, it took a couple of days and way too much thinking and desoldering/soldering, but it's finally done...

Awesome work!

I've seen this done with other systems like the SMS portable by Coleco.

http://www.smspower.org/forums/9834-NewGamesFor20In1SegaPortable#44904

I have an Willem EPROM/flash programmer & SMD rework station. I would like to try this myself sometime, all I need is a TSOP adapter.

My question is: Would you be willing to post a "memory map" (kinda like the one on the SMS Power forum link) of the address locations where the ROMS are located for the CV Flashback? If I'm going to flash my own, is there anything particular else I would need to know? You mention something about checksum/CRC values? And I have the $General version (does it matter)?

Also did You have any luck with Pitfall2?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I would appreciate any tips/advice you could give me. I thought about swapping the ROMS ever since they announced the game list (& failed to get the rights for DK).

I found a Debug Easter Egg on the CV, INTV, & Atari[3&4, maybe 5?] Flashbacks, I know they all use the "Titan" ARM hardware, so I'm sure this technique could be used to mod those systems also.

The Debug codes are

• [Atari Flashback 3,4, 5?] = Hidden debug menu: Press & hold START + SELECT while powering on the system.
  • [ColecoVision FB / INTV FB] = To display the Titan hardware test; Hold both “fire” buttons while powering on system.

• 1 month later...

If you could have an upgraded CoiecoVision Flashback, what games would you like to see, besides the old classics that are available on cartridge. I'm thinking of games such as Matt Patrol and Joust, to name a couple, but I'm sure there are more that would qualify. Also, which of the homebrews already on the Flashback would you definitely keep?

Replace all the homebrews except mecha-8 by burger time, time pilot,donkey Kong Jr, donkey Kong, mouse trap, lady bug and Mr do.

• Like 2