IGNORED

ACE-DT-80-Dumb-Terminal-Emulator Cartridge

Bill Lange

$450, yes...but he's also accepting offers. Not a bad move by the seller, IMO.

(I was recently looking for a rare out-of-print book that was listed at $400+ at the usual out-of-print book resellers, but found someone on eBay who had the "make offer" option open. Seeing that this book doesn't sell very often, I offered $80 and was pleased when the seller accepted.)

I have that cart (ver 1.0) + ver 0.1 beta and only paid $45 each... No printed manual, but there is a PDF in another thread IIRC...

• Like 2

Claus needs to see this, and probably ask for a cut... :P Wow, what a douchebag.

For those that don't know, DT-80 was the version of ACE-80 that was tailored for use with the ATR8000 interface (to access ATRMON and therefore the CP/M side of the box, so you could boot CP/M disks and run those programs.)

The author sometimes shows up on this forum as ClausB.

-Thom

Ahh, I forget about another topic that I did downloaded recently. It does only works with "Option,Select,Start". As for Option, There are 3 different choice, "Joystick Speed, Key Redefention, Fine Scrolling". It is very interesting that works on Altirra Emulator. If I hooked up the real ATR8000 machine, will the Atari keyboard will response if I press a key ?

I don't recall any manual. Caterpiggle covered it well above.

You can use DT-80 without an ATR8000 if you short the SIO Data In and Out pins together (with no SIO device attached of course).

I've posted a few times already about Amiable. Maybe my former partner would post his memories?

• Like 1

That was about 30 years ago? :) I remember a few things. I remember being amazed at how ledgible a 4 pixel wide character set could be. I remember burning EPROMs and assembling cartridges. I remember choosing a company name that started with the letter 'A' so we would be listed first in any new product or company listings in the magazines (it worked!).. My best memories are of forging a life-long friendship and working relationship with Claus who I still think is a flat-out genious with computers and digital electronics. :D

Edited by Knimrod

Lance did way more than build carts. He pushed me to advance my hobby project and to clean it up. He sold it to SWP and got me a free ATR8000. Did we get two? He formed the company and built the sales network. He found the cart supplier and made the carts. Did we sell disks too? He paid me royalties. Did we make a profit? He made it fun.

• Like 2

Yes, our Michigan clubs, MACE and CHAOS, were amazing. CHAOS in Lansing had regularly at least 30 active members. Some of us would drive an hour to a MACE meeting and see over a hundred members watch demos on a huge TV. I even won a door prize - a disk flip file I still have.

It would be fun to get together with local AtariAge members some time.

• 5 months later...

Anyone ever use T.H.E. Terminal from the Mace by T Giese? Very configurable and helpful terminal!

better yet how about a list of term programs and their versions/fixes, and what the good and bad about them were... like bad y-modem etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...