IGNORED

New Demo: AD:6502 - Arsantica 2 for 128k machines

Heaven/TQA

Like c64 scene... ;) stock hardware... It uses xBios so in theory should work... Need to talk to XXL for that... And aim was to release on real 5,25 disc and plain 1050... See first text appearing while booting. And I kick OS and DOS... ;) and next complain will be using illegal opcodes on 65816 machines.

But 2 POKEYs is no "Stock"

exit_to_part2
     	lda:cmp:req 20      ;wait 1 frame
	sei			;stop IRQ interrupts
	mva #$00 $d40e		;stop NMI interrupts
	sta $d400
	sta $d20e ;irqen
	sta xirqen
	mva #$fe $d301  ;portb		;switch off ROM to get 16k more ram
	mwa #loader_NMI $fffa		;new NMI handler
	mva #$40 $d40e		;switch on NMI again
	jsr xBIOS_SET_DEFAULT_DEVICE

lda #0
	ldx #7
@	sta 53248,x
	dey
	bpl @-
	sta 53277
	sta $d00d
	sta $d00e
	sta $d00f
	sta $d010
	sta $d011

ldx #8	
@
	sta $d200,x
	sta $d210,x
	dex
	bpl @-

ldx #>filename_part2
ldy #<filename_part2
jmp xBIOS_LOAD_FILE
filename_part2 .byte c'ARS2PRT2 '

as an example exit code to load part2... so no "D:" handler used. XXL needs me to advice for HDD installation.

Edited by Heaven/TQA

Hello Heaven/TQA,

Please pardon me. When I tried to run on emulator Altirra the latest version. I put on XE, 1088K, PAL , no BASIC off. What I seen is glitches on the 3rd screen as you post online. I have not been tested on the real hardware yet. What I need to know if it will works on my 1 Mb Ultimate, Stereo, PAL 800XL real hardware ?

• Like 1

I did changed your setting and still glitches on the 3rd screen...

I will try to test on my real hardware in 1 day.

Works perfectly with Altirra

- Atari 600/800XL, PAL, Atari XL/XE/XEGS OS ver. 4, Basic disabled, Stereo, 576K Compy

- Atari 130XE, PAL, Atari XL/XE/XEGS OS ver. 4, Basic disabled, Stereo, 128K

and works on real PAL Atari too...

Demo runs perfectly with my

- PAL 800XL equipped with Candle's Ultimate 1MB if I set memory to 576 Compy and with Wolfram's stereo upgrade

[..]

Storage device is Santosp SIO2SD.

As posted above, I have the U1MB and configured to "576k CompyShop" and I get the glitch in the fractalus part.

I just checked with Altirra, when I set Altirra to "Compy" the demo works without the gfx glitch.

When setting Altirra to "Rambo" I get the same glitch as on my 800XL with U1MB set to "576k Compy".

Can we now conclude that I installed my U1Mb wrongly? :o

As posted above, I have the U1MB and configured to "576k CompyShop" and I get the glitch in the fractalus part.

I just checked with Altirra, when I set Altirra to "Compy" the demo works without the gfx glitch.

When setting Altirra to "Rambo" I get the same glitch as on my 800XL with U1MB set to "576k Compy".

Can we now conclude that I installed my U1Mb wrongly? :o

What are your other U1MB options?

oh my upside down and backwards

you like? :)

BTW, news on my glitch problem. Please don't beat me:

I have written that I have the Turbo Freezer installed. I know have de-plugged the cable which goes into the 2nd Joystick port and think I disabled it this way.

Guess what, the fractalus part does run now without the glitch :o

• Like 1

Well,

the demo looks great !

Nevertheless, I hate programs that require separate CPU / Antic access.

There are enough real Ataris that don`t have this mode (allthough they have 128k or more RAM).

Any chance for a version that works *without* separate Antic access (named non-Compyshop version by Miker) ?

Just 128k or more RAM.

And could somebody "convert" the non-standard 112kbyte ATR image into a standard 130k image, please ?!?

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Although... I am curious how the Freezer interferes. Maybe Hias will read this thread sooner or later... :)

Yes, I'm reading this and just watched the demo.

@Heaven et al: very nice, awesome presentation, big thumbs up!

Do you maybe have the ramdisk enabled on your Freezer (the rightmost switch)? If yes, turn it off :)

I watched the first (fractalus-like) part several times and I only get the glitches if I have configured my internal 1MB ramdisk for a non-XE compatible mode (256k or 1024k without separate ANTIC access) or if I enable the ramdisk on the Freezer (which doesn't support separate ANTIC access at all).

As usual I had my Freezer plugged in all the time :)

so long,

Hias

Hello Heaven

we presented yesterday (or better tonight) our latest demo for PAL machines with 128kb ram (RAM expansion must be set to XE compatible mode due to separate ANTIC / CPU access), STEREO.

Thanks for using separate ANTIC and CPU access. Really love that. I'll have to test the demo on my 1MB XEGS soon.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1