IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Season 2 Round 2 Kaboom!

zylon

Our game for round 2 in our mini-season is Kaboom!. Play on default settings with un-modified cx52 stick and real console only. multi-cart use is allowed.

Round ends Sunday, December 14th 2014 @9pm EST

Do not open the controller to use just the pot either. ;)

Current HSC record: Bust it for a bonus point! I somehow don't think this will happen ;)

Kaboom! - (Large Paddles)
zylon 26,958

Final scores:

7,432 Cafeman +11

3,452 Kida0723 +10

3,049 sdamon +9

2,341 zylon +8

2,146 darthkur +7

1,538 atariron82 +6

414 roadrunner +5

Standings after 2 rounds:

Cafeman - 21
darthkur - 18
sdamon - 18
Kida0723 - 16
atariron82 - 13
zylon - 8
ReflectionAngle - 8
roadrunner - 5
Edited by zylon

Good Grief. I have never played 5200 Kaboom!, for the obvious reason of no paddles! (I have played the Atari 8bit Kaboom! and it is slightly slower/easier than the 2600 version - SLIGHTLY!) . Gotta use my "old Guru" cart to load this one...

There was a 4-way tie in this poll, so I picked this one. We haven't played it in a while and never with only stock sticks. I'm playing later tonight.

I have two working sticks. Both just barely can reach the far left of the screen. I tried to adjust stick 1, it was hard to put it back together correctly, and now it's is WORSE. Can you fix such a problem inside the stick? It seems like the pots have to be at 9 and 6 to put it back together, so where exactly do you change anything? Maybe my 5200 itself needs adjusted?

I have two working sticks. Both just barely can reach the far left of the screen. I tried to adjust stick 1, it was hard to put it back together correctly, and now it's is WORSE. Can you fix such a problem inside the stick? It seems like the pots have to be at 9 and 6 to put it back together, so where exactly do you change anything? Maybe my 5200 itself needs adjusted?

Yeah, I don't think there's much you can do with those pots other than replace them if they've truly gone wonky. Adjusting the 5200 itself is certainly worth a try... zylon himself explains how in the below thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/181930-my-5200-is-acting-kinda-strange/

I believe Kaboom is the only game on this year's OE list that is missing from my collection. I never really saw a need to get Kaboom for the 5200 given the superior controls and similar graphics for the 2600 version. Looking over my fairly deep 5200 collection, I suppose I'll have to find a copy for completeness. I'll sit out this week but will be back for the next round!

Round 2 goes to Cafeman for his swift bucket work. :thumbsup: :cool:

Final scores:
7,432 Cafeman +11
3,452 Kida0723 +10
3,049 sdamon +9
2,341 zylon +8
2,146 darthkur +7
1,538 atariron82 +6
414 roadrunner +5
Standings after 2 rounds:
Cafeman - 21
darthkur - 18
sdamon - 18
Kida0723 - 16
atariron82 - 13
zylon - 8
ReflectionAngle - 8
roadrunner - 5

Thanks to all who played and round 3 has already begun. :)