IGNORED

Robee Blaster

retroillucid

Yes, it will be multiplayer but with only two players. How are you going to manage a 4 players mode, i'm curious ?

It's easy : with the keypad you can programming a second player on the controller. In a 3 ou 4 player mode, you just have to reverse stick controls in order to share the controller with te second player. Codemasters have used this method with Micro Machines series.

Of course, I know this idea isn't really confortable (espacially for the keypad user), but in sideline of my own bomberman project, I had the idea to create a multiplayer accessory which transfert controller buttons to two externals commons controllers (Master System, Genesis/Megadrive, or 7800 controllers, by example). Furthermore, for more compatitbility with other games, a keypad is inclued in the accessory.

It's easy : with the keypad you can programming a second player on the controller. In a 3 ou 4 player mode, you just have to reverse stick controls in order to share the controller with te second player. Codemasters have used this method with Micro Machines series.

Of course, I know this idea isn't really confortable (espacially for the keypad user), but in sideline of my own bomberman project, I had the idea to create a multiplayer accessory which transfert controller buttons to two externals commons controllers (Master System, Genesis/Megadrive, or 7800 controllers, by example). Furthermore, for more compatitbility with other games, a keypad is inclued in the accessory.

A Y-Cable or the Newport Control's Keypad with pass through DB9 port plugged into both controller ports will allow for up to 4 devices to be hooked-up to CV at one time so that two people would not have to use the same Hand Controller. So for either controller port, one player would use the joystick while the other player would have to use the keypad for player control. The player using the Keypad would be at a little disadvantage I would think, but it (4 players) can be done although I couldn't even begin to imagine the difficulty/complexity in programming this... but where there is a will, there is a way.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a special y cable could solve it maybe needs some electronic what should be done could be mask out the keypad on one controller and patch the other controller to use the keypad codes. It should not be that hard actually. Will not be to difficult to program that way 4 joypads could be attached....

• 6 months later...

It was a long time that I didn't update this post.

Progress for RobeeBlaster is now really good. Multiplayer mode (4 players) seems OK and works fine (you can use 9 bombs max per player regarding the bonus you collected).

You can use 2 to 4 players, but Colecovision can't replace a player ... Tournaments are from 1 to 5 victories.

Story mode is also OK with 24 levels currently and four enemy types.

Levels are dispatched in areas with differents graphics, 4 levels per area , so 6 area are in place in the game.

I will see if I can add levels and enemy types when the sounds will be added.

Bonus are of course bombs, bomb ranges, death, life, points. I will see to add more bonus.

Here is a little video about multiplayer mode :

• Like 5