IGNORED

Was Combat complete in box as a pack-in for the VCS?

dino999

If I remember, when we got a VCS, it came CIB....sort of. It wasn't the store shelf box that you'd get in stores, instead it was a white box with generic text on it (just saying the name of the game IIRC)

Of course, when I got my atari, it didn't have any games packed in, but we had my parents games so that was still cool.

My Atari came with The Incredible Hulk…CIB. IIRC, there were a ton of spelling errors on the back of the box.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/232173-atari-2600-vcs-incredible-hulk-parker-brothers-sealed/?p=3120915

:P

We are talking about an actually rare game like Combat here buddy. Not some run of the mill common like Hulk. Stop being such a thread shitter. :roll:

• Like 1

I received my 4-switch 2600 in early 1982. It included both Combat and Asteroids as pack-ins. Both were complete with a standard, full-colour box and manual. I do not know if this was a retailer-specific promotion or something direct from Atari.

I received my 4-switch 2600 in early 1982. It included both Combat and Asteroids as pack-ins. Both were complete with a standard, full-colour box and manual. I do not know if this was a retailer-specific promotion or something direct from Atari.

Might have been retailer-specific, since the 2nd pack-in after 1982 was Pac-Man. But nice setup, much prefer Asteroids to Pac-Man any day. :)

I think early systems even had a different box type for it. Front cover folded out and the cart sat in position within a colour folded cardboard section.

Yes, thank you for reminding me of that -- the first dozen cartridges came in boxes the same dimensions as later boxes, but it was a 'book' where the cover opened and there was a space for the cartridge to fit in, plus a pocket for the manual; the socket under the top flap style came later. Intellivision used the book box scheme too.