IGNORED

AtariBoxed.com Rarity Database

Albert

Greetings!

In case you haven't seen it, several Atari enthusiasts have banded together to create a new Atari 2600 database at AtariBoxed.com. Their focus at present has been to create a comprehensive listing of PAL titles for the Atari 2600, including box and cartridge scans. Thus far they have over 2,300 entries for PAL games, and they are looking for help from the community to add missing titles, scans, and so forth, as well as feedback to help improve the site.

While AtariAge has a rarity guide, it's mostly focused on NTSC titles (and it hasn't seen much attention in the past several years). There's very little in the way of PAL information, so AtariBoxed.com fills a need for those Atari enthusiasts living in PAL-based countries. I look forward to watching their database continue to improve over time.

..Al

• Like 10

Hey Albert,

thanks for the brief introduction and description of our project to draw some attention to our work. I am sure that many community members here have already noticed our project and use it. The daily rising pageviews are already a proof, but there are certainly some members who do not know yet.
As I mentioned at the start of the project a few months ago, the website is made by collectors for collectors and not for the masses. We are not interested to drum up business outside of AtariAge and seek no ranking. (at this time, haha) For this reason, there is nothing to find with search engines. They are blocked by us.

Providing a subforum is here at AtariAge is a really nice touch from Albert. :thumbsup: Thanks for that.
If posts are bundled here, it saves a lot of search work in the masses of Topics in the NTSC affected Atari2600 forum. ;-)

If you have notes, or corrections in our database, or want to provide a scan, or have other debatable comments that should be discussed within the community, then you are exactly right here.

I wish to mention briefly, PAL discussions preferred and not only AtariBoxed.com based.

Thank you for your attention
the AtariBoxed.com - Boys

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great to see another website for us collectors. I doubt I have anything to add to it, but when I get time, I'll check my inventory and compare it with the site. Great job.

Phil

thanks,

it would be nice if you have something to contribute.

if you need some informations from our database for your variations project :thumbsup: , let me know.

Looks like a great site! Thank you for shining light on it!

Thank You.

As a collector, I have always longed for a database that meets my search criteria and my point of view in sorting the titles.

For this (and other) reason(s), this project was born. I hope very much, it also helps other collectors.

Just sent 3 emails of scans. Let me know that you received them. More should be on the way.

Phil

Thanks for your support, Phil! :)

How about including 5200 and 7800 games as well?

Firstly we still have a lot of work with archiving the A2600 library and secondly we are all noobs regarding our knowledge about other systems......HAHAHAHA

Firstly we still have a lot of work with archiving the A2600 library and secondly we are all noobs regarding our knowledge about other systems......HAHAHAHA

I can certainly understand that. There were hundreds of games produced by many different companies for the 2600. However, once you get everything archived, I think you should take those systems into consideration as their libraries are much smaller, possibly the Lynx and Jaguar as well. Why not make it a comprehensive Atari database repository? Look forward to seeing your progress.

• Like 2

Why not make it a comprehensive Atari database repository? Look forward to seeing your progress.

This would be an incredible task and we would need help from other collectors. Right now we are busy for the next few years with the VCS library but we never say never....;)

How about including 5200 and 7800 games as well?

i like the idea and we have thought in the beginning of the project a quiet moment about it. The question of Coleco was already asked. These are currently too many construction sites at once.

the next thing is that we have absolutely no access to 5200 7800 to a collection at home. only 2600.

asked without concessions; of how many 7800 and 5200 titles are we talking about?

;)

btw: has anyone some infos about HES Australia releases for 7800 ?

I have to say that adding other systems is a great idea and also one that would take years to accomplish. If you look at my site, a few years ago I had the inclination to start adding Intellivision to the video game variation list. Also, as you can see, it didn't get off the ground much. Since I'm working on the site by myself, real life takes preference over many things, including a fun project. But now I'm back up and running, so I'll be working on uploading more info. I just may need to learn how to use the Web Expression 3 somewhat. Modifying pages seem easy enough, but creating new ones may take a couple of days to make sure links and such are accurate and working. I was so used to working with basic knowledge of Front Page. My goal is to get all the info up for the 2600, and then possibly get a little fancy afterwards. I find having several online references help the collectors out to determine what they have, and if this site gets anywhere near Atarimania, then there will be a ton of games listed.

Phil

• Like 1

Well 5200 support would be out of the question......

i like the idea and we have thought in the beginning of the project a quiet moment about it. The question of Coleco was already asked. These are currently too many construction sites at once.

the next thing is that we have absolutely no access to 5200 7800 to a collection at home. only 2600.

asked without concessions; of how many 7800 and 5200 titles are we talking about?

;)

We like the idea...... and it is not out of the question.

I just sent a ton of scans the past two days. I would check into Atarimania and see how they categorize all these carts. Some of these games will probably never be properly identified regardless and are just labeled under a common or accepted category/company. I may send more scans, but I can't quite reach my other carts that are high up on the shelf with stuff in front. I'll see what I can do.

Phil

• Like 2

I just sent a ton of scans the past two days. I would check into Atarimania and see how they categorize all these carts. Some of these games will probably never be properly identified regardless and are just labeled under a common or accepted category/company. I may send more scans, but I can't quite reach my other carts that are high up on the shelf with stuff in front. I'll see what I can do.

Phil

hey Phil,

many thanks for sending us the good quality scans. We could use a few and we have filled some gaps to (nearly) complete one or the other company.I would like that other secret PAL collectors were also involved as you. For the reason of the many page views.

I think it's always good when we can still offer an alternative database as the existing, to collectors. (where are you all PAL collectors from US NL GB AU CA AT IT ...)

....but we have not stopped to scan from our closet......

anyway, thanks Philflound for your great support.

• Like 2