IGNORED

My dad's Coleco collection

ntscpal

Back in the day, my dad collected as much Colecovision stuff as he could after the video game market bust. I grew up with many fond memories playing it, long after we had the NES. After mentioning it (begging) for years to play the system once again, my dad finally dug out the old Colecovision(s) and everything he could find for it. Unfortunately, the controller ICs are bad on all the systems, but I think I have the correct info on replacing the chips. Anyways, I thought I would share with you guys. There's some pretty cools stuff here, especially since he kept most of the manuals.

Pictured in order (minus some duplicates) Spy Hunter, Cosmic Avenger, Buck Rogers, Choplifter!, Sammy Lightfoot, Super Sketch, Frantic Freddy, Centipede, Gorf, Slither, Omega Race, Victory, BurgerTime, Squish 'Em Sam, Mouse Trap, Mr. Do, War Room, Super Cobra, Carnival, Quest for Quintana Roo, PITSTOP, Space Fury, Venture, 2010, Learning with Leeper, Root Beer Tapper, Rocky, Flipper Slipper, Front Line, BC's Quest for Tires, Montezuma's Revenge, Subroc, Donkey Kong, Illusions, Lady Bug, Wing War, Heist, Facemaker, Alphabet Zoo, Word Feud, Fortune Builder, Moonsweeper, Jungle Hunt, Logic Levels, H.E.R.O., Defender, Frogger, WarGames, Donkey Kong Junior, Wizard of Id's WizMath.

post-41012-0-35839500-1418593815_thumb.jpg

post-41012-0-79540300-1418593852_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I have great memories playing Coleco with him. We would play side by side on this arcade table he built for the system, using real arcade controller parts. Unfortunately, it was re-purposed for SNES, so it's no longer a Coleco controller. He was way ahead of his time doing that sort of thing....

• Like 1

Back in the day, my dad collected as much Colecovision stuff as he could after the video game market bust. I grew up with many fond memories playing it, long after we had the NES. After mentioning it (begging) for years to play the system once again, my dad finally dug out the old Colecovision(s) and everything he could find for it. Unfortunately, the controller ICs are bad on all the systems, but I think I have the correct info on replacing the chips. Anyways, I thought I would share with you guys. There's some pretty cools stuff here, especially since he kept most of the manuals.

Pictured in order (minus some duplicates) Spy Hunter, Cosmic Avenger, Buck Rogers, Choplifter!, Sammy Lightfoot, Super Sketch, Frantic Freddy, Centipede, Gorf, Slither, Omega Race, Victory, BurgerTime, Squish 'Em Sam, Mouse Trap, Mr. Do, War Room, Super Cobra, Carnival, Quest for Quintana Roo, PITSTOP, Space Fury, Venture, 2010, Learning with Leeper, Root Beer Tapper, Rocky, Flipper Slipper, Front Line, BC's Quest for Tires, Montezuma's Revenge, Subroc, Donkey Kong, Illusions, Lady Bug, Wing War, Heist, Facemaker, Alphabet Zoo, Word Feud, Fortune Builder, Moonsweeper, Jungle Hunt, Logic Levels, H.E.R.O., Defender, Frogger, WarGames, Donkey Kong Junior, Wizard of Id's WizMath.

Thanks for sharing... Very cool for sure...

Really, a manual for an educational game? (ok, it was a fun educational game)

Super Sketch was one of the few things that worked, since it didn't require a controller port. :-D

Super Sketch and Wiz Math are the rarest games for the system. Loose Wiz Math sells for around 100. Complete in box it sells for 800 - 1000.

so TRUE, Like your jungle hunt cart is normally worth a lot but since it is in such bad shape I would think the manual is now more valuable than that cart.

I could never sell Jungle Hunt, that game is a classic. But yeah, it's all been sitting in a hot attic for the past 20+ years. :(

• 2 weeks later...