IGNORED

New RGB ColecoVision mod

Yurkie

I'll have a table with a RGB ColecoVision on display at CORGS (Columbus Ohio Retro Gaming Society) video game conference on May 16th.

Here is a link with details

http://corgs-con.webs.com/

Incredible RGB mod, perfect for connecting to XRGB Framemeister like you do with NESRGB, modded N64, 1 chip SNES and numerous other RGB ready consoles. Also great with the HD Video Converter....a cheap SCART to HDMI scaler sold on Amazon and Ebay. Here is a link to one on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scart-HDMI-to-HDMI-720P-1080P-HD-Video-Converter-Monitor-Box-For-HDTV-DVD-STB-/400741908951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d4e1441d7

Here is a video I made with my cell phone.

The ColecoVision is now the Arcade quality video game system you have always dreamed of!

I have 4 consoles to sell and will offer more consoles for sale and a mod service in the future. I have been working with a couple friends to make this happen and to tweak out all the bugs to give you all a plug and play solution.

Here are a few screen shots. Screenshots are crap compared to in person. RGB is amazing.

My buddy Brain and I played the heck out of the CV with the framemeister and I feel good about selling it for the scaler. I also highly recommend the HD Video Converter linked above.

I will include a direct 6' 8 pin din male to male with all systems I sell. I will also include this cable with all systems sent to me for modding. At the time of sale or mod, I will offer a 8 pin mini din to SCART cable for an extra $20 for those that want to use the HD Video Converter. No individual cable sales.

post-23318-0-55494600-1418621982_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-08708700-1418622006_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-82569300-1418622038_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-20916200-1418622255_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-51051900-1418623063_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie
  • Like 10

Is this RGB mod similar to the one from juice2839?

Yes my friend Fred(juice2839) help me develope this. The guy is a wizard with Arcade board repairs and monitors. Probably anything electronic you need fixed he can do it.

All the photos in the first post except one of donkey kong are the simulated scanlines from the framemeister, these can be turned on or off. Because the screen is so bold and clear when photos or video of the screen are taken they look blurry without the scanlines . There is no blur in person regardless if scanlines are on or not.

Pretty interesting. :)

So how do you toggle simulated scanlines on and off? A new switch at the back of the console? It would help if you showed a picture of a modified console. Some would surely be insterested in what the hardware looks like inside the console casing, but personally, I just want to see the outer connectors, switches and cables.

Nice work!

You can connect almost anything to the XRGB mini Framemeister.

This user on assemblergames.com has a great reputation and is selling them for 37000 SHIPPED Yen which I just converted and it is $313.33 in US dollars. Most on Ebay are about $450 shipped.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?44220-FRAMEMEISTER%EF%BC%88%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%83%9E%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%EF%BC%89XRGBmini-BRAND-NEW!!-Price-Down-!!&highlight=framemeister

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I just ordered one from Solaris Japan with the base unit, component cable, and expedited shipping for a US dollars total of $341.23. I also ordered a Female SCART to Mini converter from Retro Gaming Cables, as well as a powered USB hub and PSP USB cable from Amazon so I can power the Framemeister without having to use my Japanese power converter.

Framemeisters are the best! Now that the Yen has gone down against the US dollar, it's the best time to buy. When I got mine a year or two ago, the exchange rates were about ¥80 = $1USD... now it's about ¥120 = $1USD

There's essentially no noticeable lag on them either. You'll no longer be reliant on CRT monitors!