IGNORED

Purchasing an ATARIMAX Ultimate SD cart- How long usually?

tonyankyfan1

I think it was immediate but that was years ago when I bought it. Remember it is only monday and it is the holiday season with crazy schedules. This is not a Walmart with thousands of employees. True timely email responses are always wanted but nobody has any idea how much work or other life stuff affects companies like that since they are not staffed like a huge company would be staffed.

I may be more forgiving than most but as long as someone responds to me within a week I never give it a thought. Now a couple other companies response to customers have been bordering on inexcusable. As long as they don't make that class of sellers I think everything will be ok.

I got mine very quickly when I bought one. In fact, I think you probably stand a better chance of receiving your cartridge before you get an answer to your email. He usually fills orders fast, but is a little slow in the email department.

Greetings,

After purchasing an ATARIMAX Ultimate SD cart online, How long does it usually take to ship out from experinece?? I emailed the dude on friday, he never returned my emails. Was just wondering.

Thanks Anthony

Sent 3 emails, and nada... Didnt even get a confirmation email, acknowledgement or anything, Just know my paypal was charged. Im just gonna cancel my order, fugg it! Not replying is not cool.... I will wait until tomorrow, if nothing, DONE!

Sometimes emails get accidentally deleted or stuffed in a junk bin. You might try him again. I wouldn't consider that rude. It's not like ringing his doorbell, it's just email.

Edited by tonyankyfan1

In my case he took a few days to reply to one of my emails. I understand you but trust me when I say your patience will be worth it. He will not take very long to get this item to you. Maybe 2 weeks tops at the most.

I can understand your frustration but you have to realize that these things are done by individuals in their spare time. Sometimes stuff happens which can delay the process, so I would suggest waiting for a few nore days.

Besides once you have the SD Cart you will have access to damn near every single game ever made, some of which were not released. The only other way to do that is by using an emulator, which I don't prefer, but it does have it's place.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

You need to step back and take a breath tonyankyfan1. Steve Tucker has been a very respected member of the retro community for A LOT of years and has been selling numerous products for just as long... and I've never read anywhere that someone didn't receive the product(s) that they ordered from him. He is an individual and not a big business so sometimes things take a little longer, even a reply email, so give it a little time for a reply or the product to all of a sudden show up at your door. BTW, you really don't want to miss out on the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart, it is really a must have.

• Like 6

Sent 3 emails, and nada... Didnt even get a confirmation email, acknowledgement or anything, Just know my paypal was charged. Im just gonna cancel my order, fugg it! Not replying is not cool.... I will wait until tomorrow, if nothing, DONE!

If you are that inpatient then this hobby is definitely not for you because there is a lot worse than this ahead for you when buying things. It is not a dig, I am just saying that this wait is nothing so if you can't handle it then you probably shouldn't get into this because everything else is a lot worse and is going to drive you insane.

• Like 2

I'd have to agree with NIAD and you will get your cart. Steve has served the retro community for years providing a wide variety of items. The thing with cool retro items like Ultimate SD cart and others is they are not items mass produced so expecting service like a large corporation is a bit much. They are not always totally automated like Amazon Prime or as simple as going to your typical big box store. Many times the whole operation is one person who does this in their spare time with a full time job. It also the holiday season which also can add delays. Just wait...

Based on Jaymeisters reply it was 9 days for him to get an email and also that parts were back ordered. I'd say just wait it out and you'll be fine. We've been spoiled with all the immediate responses from automated systems that we freak out when we do not get the assurance of an email. Kind of sad really when you think about it.

• Like 2

Guys, I'm very patient. All I ask for and expect is acknowledgement that he received my email, that's not much to ask for, especially when an item is 140 bucks, we are not talking about 20 bucks here.

Furthermore, I can tear apart and rebuild a small block V8 in ONE day and have it back on road running, so I think building a cartridge to play some games shouldn't take 3 weeks. Seriously for real.....

Like, I said-all I wanted is an acknowledgement via email, my cash was deducted "fast", same should go for an email. Sorry, disagree. I understand product takes time, just let me know some sortve ETA.

Anthony

I understand why you disagree as we are now conditioned for emails to "verify" something and make us feel that means all is good. I've purchased items for many systems and the experience varies greatly in terms of customer interaction and delivery time. You claim to be patient yet it has only been a few days without an email that in essence can be meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I take it you have never had a transaction go sour on Amazon / ebay / etc that had all the requisite emails to assure delivery only to be given a run around. Is that any better?

Since you say you tear down a small block in a day ... think of it this way. Would you offer the service to rebuild small blocks in a short time frame? Also create a website with forums and sales? Engineer products and provide support all while having a regular job? You also seem to trivialize the process of assembly I'd say. Perhaps Atarimax has fully assembled carts but from what I understand it is usually dealing with manufacturers or boards / vendors for parts / and then manual assembly with inventory kept to a minimum as demand is not like mass produced items. If you can provide all this then perhaps you should get into the homebrew / hardware market. :)

Dude, this isn't my first rodeo, lol of course, Ive had deals go bad on ebay, and amazon. Just sucks because, when I purchase an item, I pay fast, dont make people or the seller wait, I'm on it..

After this transaction, I think I will seriously stick w my PS4, buy my games from a store, whereas I can walk in, cash in hand, see who I'm dealing with and walk out w game in hand. This was my 2nd transaction in the same week, and I was hoping it would go as well as my first, "thank you, YURKIE, Todd".. But,Guess not, I'm stuck in eternal email hold, for now.

Or just buy cartridges online, ebay and play the CV that way, as it was intended to play in the first place. At least, I will be going for 5 bucks a pop as opposed to 140, and that's fine as well. Don't have to sit and wait, for a courtesy email.