IGNORED

RAM320XE/576 order thread

ctirad

The ECI pass-through looks like this:

post-21370-0-03228100-1418938262_thumb.jpg

It is not very elegant, but it is the best I can do with a prefabricated enclosure.

It is possible that for some hardware you will need to cut the left side of the enclosure even more.

Also, please before ordering make sure you really need the ECI.

I plan to make a bus extender as a separate device with a horizontal connectors. It will be much better solution for devices like Black box.

BTW, I have to appologize to some of you because I completely forgot that I don't have a back sticker for the Covox version. So I cannot ship any cards with Covox until the modified stickers will be printed. Sorry for that :(

I was also very supriesed by the extremely high demand for the Covox version. I hope that you all know what the Covox really is and that it has nothing to do with a stereo Pokey. ;)

• Like 2

oh no that won't work for me... black box needs to lay flat.....as does the diagnostic card and a few others that I use... how hard would it be to allow eci cart out the back with cart only still at the top...icd multi i/o eci adaptor won't work for me up like that either makes cable too long or worse stress and break adapter card or cartridge ports....

Edited by _The Doctor__

quote **I plan to make a bus extender as a separate device with a horizontal connectors. It will be much better solution for devices like Black box.** unquote

sort of like the supra and icd cart adaptor boards
invision this with several cart/eci facing up (like on your memory module)... one laying flat on the far edge flat for black box use and on the left hand edge towards the back a pbi connection for mio use and like the black box itself a terminal/pinblock cable connector for xl use...

one board only for all the XL XE computers MIO BlackBox or other flat eci pbi devices with the other cart eci in a row across the top placed to put your memory expansions and other add ons as well as cartridges. sort of like the supra and icd cart adaptor boards.

The Swiss Army Knife of PBI/ECI !!!

Hello Larry

I'll PM you, but cancel the ECI on mine. I have no idea how I'd use a vertical ECI.

Are you sure you want to save a little over 2 US Dollar just because you can't think of a reason for having it? If you later on find a reason for using it, you'll kick yourself.

Sincerely

Mathy

Thanks, so much for the information, and the additional picture.

I have decided: (1) screw the pass-through; this is the ONE device that I need for my ECI, just as my 800XL has a RAM320XL plugged into it which takes up the slot. I'm NOT going to be looking to plug anything else after that. The non-pass-through version looks better. (2) Covox really isn't from my Atari. I don't care. If it ain't POKEY then it ain't Atari-8-bit, to me. Don't need it.

As such, I'll take 3 "regulars" - no covox, no pass-through. Just 576 glorious K.

1200 CZK #1

1200 CZK #2

1200 CZK #3

-----------

3600 CZK

+

150 CZK shipping

------------

3750 CZK

post-16281-0-22549900-1419052346_thumb.jpg

I consider this a bargain. I am a big fan of your work (ctirad), and I will likely buy more from you in the future! Keep up the good work, man!

Sending PM.

Hello Larry

Are you sure you want to save a little over 2 US Dollar just because you can't think of a reason for having it? If you later on find a reason for using it, you'll kick yourself.

Sincerely

Mathy

It's not the money. I suspect that if push came to shove, I would solder on the small ECI connector. Anyway, if I decide that I want to use a PBI device with this expansion, I'll attach a regular 90-degree connector in place of the attached cartridge connector (+ small ECI connector). I think I'd rather not hack out the top of the case for the additional connector.

Edit: But probably good to have the connector on hand, so I changed my order to have him include the part *unsoldered*.

-Larry

• Like 1

Looks interesting. Where exactly is the COVOX mapped into memory?

From the manual:

Covox audio (optional)
RAM320XE/576 can be optionally equipped with a stereo four channel DAC, mapped to base
address $280. You can use it with a Covox enabled programs like Neotracker, Protracker, Inertia
Player, some music demos, etc. These programs have to be set to the $280 address in order to hear
the sound.