IGNORED

RAM320XE/576 order thread

ctirad

Hi is there a similar device made for the atari 600XL? I have messaged CTIRAD about purchasing a RAM320XL for the atari 600xl but have not had a reply yet?

Can anyone tell me if the RAM320XL is still for sale with the casing? I am desperate for one for my 600XL or if there is a newer device? How do i go about ordering one?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I cannot temporarily take another orders, because paypal suspended my account and requires a lot of answers for mostly stupid questions :(

I don't know how can I prove that I own rights to sell my own hardware. I hate paypal.

Thanks. I'm glad I'm back. I spent almost whole April in hospital with a serious unexpected health issue. Fortunatelly everything went well and without complications and now I'm fully functional. Just FYI.

I'm trying to sort the paypal problems so I can take orders again. I have enough components for more that 50 RAM cards left.

• Like 2

nice one. paypal are the evil empire - but they can be defeated.

let me know if you have a 576XL for sale (or failing that, a 320XL)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. I'm glad I'm back. I spent almost whole April in hospital with a serious unexpected health issue. Fortunatelly everything went well and without complications and now I'm fully functional. Just FYI.

I'm trying to sort the paypal problems so I can take orders again. I have enough components for more that 50 RAM cards left.

Are you familiar with Bitcoin? No fees and it's fast

RAM 320XE/576 - is a plug&play RAM card for ATARI 800XE, 130XE, and later 65XE (must be equipped with ECI port) that allows you to easily upgrade your computer up to 576kB of total RAM.

attachicon.gif320XE_ECI.jpg

No soldering or even opening of the Atari is required!

attachicon.gif320XE_fitted.jpg

The card supports several RAM configurations: 130XE, 320kB RAMBO, 320kB COMPY SHOP and finally 576kB RAMBO. The 130XE and 320kB COMPY SHOP modes fully support separate CPU/Antic banking. The PCB is profesionally made with a gold plated contacts.

All cards have a cartridge pass-through connector. Optionally, the ECI port pass-through connector can be added by me or any time later to allow another ECI device daisychaining. However, the enclosure have to be modified or removed depending of the proportions of the next device in the chain.

attachicon.gif320XE_cart.jpg

Covox audio option

RAM320XE/576 can be optionally equipped with a stereo four channel DAC, mapped to base address $280. You can use it with a Covox enabled programs like Neotracker, Protracker, Inertia Player, some music demos, etc. These programs have to be set to the $280 address in order to hear the sound.

The COVOX circuity can NOT be added later, because of the different main chip.

Pricing:

I'm accepting Paypal only. The prices are in CZK (Czech Crowns) to simplify paperwork on my side. Don't panic! The Paypal will transfer and convert the correct amount from your native currency automatically. Currently the 100CZK is roughly 4.55USD or 3.6 EUR.

The complete RAM320XE/576 card in enclosure 1200 CZK

The bare card without enclosure 950 CZK

Covox audio +200 CZK

ECI pass-through connector +50 CZK

Worldwide shipping for a whole package from 1 to 5 cards: 150 CZK

For bigger orders ask me.

I would like 2 of them myself! How do I Place an order? What does each unit with everything cost in US Dollars? I also want to do a review of them for my web site. Please E-Mail me at RealDos@bellsouth.net

Thanks Again!

Stephen J. Carden

http://www.RealDos.net

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, good old friends!

Having defeated in my long-term attempts to interconnect Atari and PC through WiFi in simple raw manner
I decided not to make remote interconnection but change my Atari environment.

For the purpose I bought very heavy but very stylysh, looking like Jaguar, LA-6A-5 LCD Monitor Arm and moved PC onto Atari side.

It is the only available way to make my attempts further. I'm tired of my runs with CF's or SD's or even DOM's :)
Decided!

P.S. Thank Ctirad for his perfect device!
You see all construction playing impressive Escape composition.

Be Happy!
EZ

post-20208-0-06105700-1437132679_thumb.jpg

post-20208-0-55262500-1437132686_thumb.jpg

Is the plug&play, totally no-solder nature of this mod the strongest selling factor? I wonder how it stacks up against the "Ultimate1MB" in other ways? The cartridge pass-through almost sells it to me alone however, but am I right to understand there are only 'XE' compatible units left available?

If I am not wrong, Ctirad's eventually will make a new version for XL machines.

I have the old version and it is totally solderless (I will buy new version too Ctirad!).

Regarding Ultimate 1MB, I have it too.

Apart more memory (useful only for a few demos) it has other features:

http://spiflash.org/block/19.html

http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=67

Together with SIDE2 cart, you can quickly load ATR images (aside from XEX files).

I wonder how it stacks up against the "Ultimate1MB" in other ways?

Pros:

The RAM320XE/576 has more compatible 576kB mode (real RAMBO) , true 130XE and 320XE modes with separate CPU/ANTIC banking and option to completely disable and remap internal 64kB RAM to the external RAM.

Optional Covox audio

nice LEDs that indicates when ROM and BASIC are mapped ;)

Cons:

No 1MB (altough I'm able to design an external 1MB version, I don't think it is useful)

No Flash for ROM/CART images - hmmm, it would be actually pretty nice to have Qmeg ROM without need to open a machine. Maybe later.

No RTC

I picked up one of these few weeks ago and I could not be happier. For me, it was the final step to be able to play all games and demos that interest me on the actual hardware (as opposed to emulation) without having to open anything up. Ctirad was more than willing to answer all of my questions and was great to transact with... if you are at all on the fence, I highly recommend making the purchase... you will not regret it.

• Like 1

Pros:

The RAM320XE/576 has more compatible 576kB mode (real RAMBO) , true 130XE and 320XE modes with separate CPU/ANTIC banking and option to completely disable and remap internal 64kB RAM to the external RAM.

Optional Covox audio

nice LEDs that indicates when ROM and BASIC are mapped ;)

Cons:

No 1MB (altough I'm able to design an external 1MB version, I don't think it is useful)

No Flash for ROM/CART images - hmmm, it would be actually pretty nice to have Qmeg ROM without need to open a machine. Maybe later.

No RTC

This is a really nice piece of hardware - actually a little more focussed than the "Ultimate1MB", so I think it maybe does fewer things, but better. I am especially impressed by the 'XE' banking support, which sounds to be more 'authentic' and compatible than the '576 CompyShop' version on the "Ultimate1MB" - which I am unsure properly handles the seprate CPU/ANTIC banking. I also like the sound of being able to fully disable/remap the 64k RAM from the underlying motherboard. And yep - the LEDS sound cool too!!! :)

Part of me wishes I had maybe gone with this device instead of the "Ultimate1MB", but then... If/when another run of XL units come out then there is nothing wrong with having both!!! Keep up the good work ctirad!!

This is a really nice piece of hardware - actually a little more focussed than the "Ultimate1MB", so I think it maybe does fewer things, but better.

This does RAM - period. If you just want half a meg of plug-in RAM, what could be better? Ultimate, meanwhile, provides the same RAM upgrade plus a plethora of other stuff which is well-documented, so the decision should be pretty easy, based on whether you need the other stuff or not. A plug-in 512KB upgrade is "better" if you don't want to do any soldering and want a portable upgrade.