IGNORED

RAM320XE/576 order thread

ctirad

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a couple of these, and they work very well. But...

That was a couple of years ago. Today, there is also the Sys-Check II. It has a 512K ram expansion, plus diagnostic tools, plus flashable operating systems. Fits XL and XE. Just wondered if you guys had considered it as a possible alternative.

Larry

• Like 2

Here are a couple of links. You may have to dig around them a bit to find all the info that you may need.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/251315-sys-check-v22-ready-to-use-batch-available/?do=findComment&comment=3487750

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233201-orders-for-sys-check-ii-pcb-w-parts-only-accepted/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3463739

tf_hh isn't here all the time, but if you send him a PM he will respond.

-Larry

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RAM 320XE/576 - is a plug&play RAM card for ATARI 800XE, 130XE, and later 65XE (must be equipped with ECI port) that allows you to easily upgrade your computer up to 576kB of total RAM.

attachicon.gif320XE_ECI.jpg

No soldering or even opening of the Atari is required!

attachicon.gif320XE_fitted.jpg

The card supports several RAM configurations: 130XE, 320kB RAMBO, 320kB COMPY SHOP and finally 576kB RAMBO. The 130XE and 320kB COMPY SHOP modes fully support separate CPU/Antic banking. The PCB is profesionally made with a gold plated contacts.

All cards have a cartridge pass-through connector. Optionally, the ECI port pass-through connector can be added by me or any time later to allow another ECI device daisychaining. However, the enclosure have to be modified or removed depending of the proportions of the next device in the chain.

attachicon.gif320XE_cart.jpg

Covox audio option

RAM320XE/576 can be optionally equipped with a stereo four channel DAC, mapped to base address $280. You can use it with a Covox enabled programs like Neotracker, Protracker, Inertia Player, some music demos, etc. These programs have to be set to the $280 address in order to hear the sound.

The COVOX circuity can NOT be added later, because of the different main chip.

Pricing:

I'm accepting Paypal only. The prices are in CZK (Czech Crowns) to simplify paperwork on my side. Don't panic! The Paypal will transfer and convert the correct amount from your native currency automatically. Currently the 100CZK is roughly 4.55USD or 3.6 EUR.

The complete RAM320XE/576 card in enclosure 1200 CZK

The bare card without enclosure 950 CZK

Covox audio +200 CZK

ECI pass-through connector +50 CZK

Worldwide shipping for a whole package from 1 to 5 cards: 150 CZK

For bigger orders ask me.

I have the 65XE how do I add the ECI port?

I have the 65XE how do I add the ECI port?

Atari 65XE are 2 versions. One is without ECI and one is with ECI. Just look if you have another connector near cartridge connector.. I think is not possible "add".

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

da3d143c890aee178b7ec8e5935dec5b.jpg

Edited by pivan
  • Like 1

Hello guys

As far as I know, the 65XE's without ECI were (mainly?) sold in the U.S.A., while the 65XE's with ECI were actually 130XE's without the extra 64kB RAM and the chip to control it. The latter were (mainly?) sold in Europe. Not sure about the other continents.

What surprises me, is that the connectors aren't in the same place in both versions. That would mean that they did more than just leave the ECI stuff out of the 65XE design. If there was one thing Atari didn't like, under Tramiel even more than under Warner, it was spending money.

Sincerely

Mathy

Was it not done the other way on (ECI added later and everything else moved along)?

Curious as it might be looking back, the answer is "No, ECI was not added following the XE systems' debut". The 130XE and 65XE were introduced simultaneously, and the differentiating features for the 130XE were its extra 64K of RAM (for a total of 128K) and the ECI port for expansion. At its introduction, the 65XE was to cater to more causal users.

Later on, it seems cost-cutting led to the reuse of the 130XE motherboard, and when that happened, the ECI port appeared on 65XE systems also.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...