IGNORED

Any word on the 2600 Star Castle release?

Army Of 2600

Depending on if the artist would allow it via rights issues I like the idea of print on demand posters. That could be a good solution to you having to pay for and stock posters, Albert. I don't have experience with the services mentioned but I know Fine Art America does a nice job with this too and you really just have to upload a high res file to allow multiple size posters and prints to be purchased.

That would be awesome, but I generally haven't had good luck selling posters, so probably not. However, we are looking at including something else. :)

..Al

It would be neat to do the same thing as Activision did "back in the day" and offer a patch for achieving a certain score on a game. Of course this would be limited to only the people who actually bought the cart! (Al- Just add a few bucks to the original cost to cover the patch and postage beforehand)

• Like 2

It would be neat to do the same thing as Activision did "back in the day" and offer a patch for achieving a certain score on a game. Of course this would be limited to only the people who actually bought the cart! (Al- Just add a few bucks to the original cost to cover the patch and postage beforehand)

This is a fun idea, I will look into it. :)

..Al

• Like 3

There was a patch for Star Fire years ago (I have one). There were plans to do one for Crazy Balloon, too, but it never materialized (pun not intended).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So from what I gather from this thread, this is a different port than the one D. Scott Williamson programmed? What kind of noteworthy differences in how it performs/behaves, if so?

I don't normally buy homebrew stuff too often, but I wouldn't mind one to put up on the shelf next to Williamson's Star Castle.

• 1 month later...

Reviving this thread to check on the status of Star Castle. Any updated word on a release date?

I am actively working towards it, along with the release of several other games. Everything has been ordered or is already on-hand, now it's a matter of building a whole bunch of games. :)

..Al

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the labels for Star Castle Arcade as well as several other games. :) Applied them to some carts so I could see how they look and take photos!

starcastle_cart_1.jpg

starcastle_and_friends.jpg

Very soon now!

..Al

Will they be available at the Classic Game Fest?