IGNORED

So I bought a broken lynx 2 on ebay...

sirlynxalot

It was openly advertised as broken, but it seemed to be in good cosmetic condition and the price was right, so I thought I would take a chance with the idea that it might at least provide spare parts if I get another system.

Naturally you have to test these things out when you get them - I put batteries in, and a game cartridge in, and sure enough the system came to life! Played for a few minutes without problems, and the screen didn't seem to have any significant dead pixels or other issues. I haven't fully evaluated it or done a long game session on it, but fingers crossed as it seems to be fully functional atm.

On to the cosmetic condition - I thought it looked good in the pics, but as it is, there are many noticeable scratches on the protective plastic over the screen, some cosmetic marks on the front plastic, and one of the rubber pieces on the back is completely missing, so the plastic gently gouges my hand a little there. Open to suggestions for something else I could put there, maybe I'll have to pick up another broken model to get another of these pieces...

Now I have 2 lynxes, so naturally my next step is to get a comlynx cable and a dupes of a few of my favorite comlynxable titles.

And on a final note -this is my first lynx 2 and DAAAAAAAAMN the lynx 2 is a lot thicker than I imagined! And I was aware from pictures that it was thicker than the lynx 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a 'broken' Lynx II from eBay through the post today, bought it because I wanted to try and repair it, and it turns out there's nothing to repair, damned thing works fine once the contacts on each cart have been cleaned up a little!

Do want to do something about the screen through, I'd forgotten how bad the contrast was on the things.

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise I've just sourced a Lynx 2 that supposedly wouldn't turn on. Plugged in a game and mains and voila it's working. There's no rubber grips so I'm going to try and source some rubber strips from work. There are 3 pixels which appear stuck but do change color depending on the game. Main niggle is the top right A button presses in when pushed, the bottom button is nice and firm. Any suggestions regarding this greatly appreciated.

Rgds

BadPricey