IGNORED

Tapatalk not working.

Kamshaft

Is there no hope for Tapatalk working again? It would be terrific.. :-) I do not remember seeing ads when I used it (I think that was a concern).

I have not yet had time to investigate the current state of the Tapatalk plugin for the forum software. I need a chunk of time I can devote to this, as I also need to upgrade the forum software to make sure that isn't affecting Tapatalk's ability to function properly. They have updated the plugin recently. I'm pretty busy this week, but I should be able to get to it after that.

..Al

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a pain. I've been using Tapatalk for quite some time, and they really did screw the pooch with their recent changes / 'upgrades'. Thanks for your efforts, Albert. Hopefully something stable and usable will be back here in the near future.

Using the 'mobile' version of the AA site on my iPhone is OK, but it doesn't 'remember' where you left off in a thread, and I can't find a way to see my list of subscribed threads.. just all the threads in a given forum. Nor can I see a way to subscribe to a thread. Maybe I'm just missing something?

Edited by nurmix

What a pain. I've been using Tapatalk for quite some time, and they really did screw the pooch with their recent changes / 'upgrades'. Thanks for your efforts, Albert. Hopefully something stable and usable will be back here in the near future.

I haven't had a chance to upgrade the forum yet, but I will be doing that before the end of the weekend (possibly even tomorrow). Once the upgraded forum is back online, I will install the latest Tapatalk plugin and then do some testing to see if things are working properly.

Using the 'mobile' version of the AA site on my iPhone is OK, but it doesn't 'remember' where you left off in a thread, and I can't find a way to see my list of subscribed threads.. just all the threads in a given forum. Nor can I see a way to subscribe to a thread. Maybe I'm just missing something?

Yeah, the mobile skin isn't nearly as nice as Tapatalk (even with their recent "upgrade"). Plus, you can't upload images on the iPhone unless you use a client like Tapatalk.

..Al

I haven't had a chance to upgrade the forum yet, but I will be doing that before the end of the weekend (possibly even tomorrow). Once the upgraded forum is back online, I will install the latest Tapatalk plugin and then do some testing to see if things are working properly.

..Al

Awesome. Hopefully it works out.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming it didn't work? Any update?

I spent some time tonight working on this. I have a test copy of the forum that I successfully upgraded to the latest version of the forum software (this was the third attempt, and I was finally able to go all the way through the upgrade). I then tested a few things, such as the ability to upload avatars (currently broken), and Facebook integration (currently completely broken and disabled). Those worked, so I was glad to see that. I then decided to test Tapatalk, so I downloaded and installed their latest plugin, and then reinstalled the app on my iPhone.

Went to post a topic using the app, and sure enough, that damn problem is still there...

tapatalk_error.png

I have started (yet another) topic at the Tapatalk support forum about this issue. Until they fix this (or at least provide some insight as to why it's failing in case it's something on this end), I won't be able to re-enable Tapatalk here on AtariAge.

..Al

Thanks for all the work Al! It would still be great if we could even just read the forums on Tapatalk understanding that we would not be able to post from it.

Unfortunately, there's no way for me to make Tapatalk "read-only", so people would invariably try creating topics, leaving moderators and myself to remove the duplicate topics every time it happens. I'ms till waiting to hear back from Tapatalk, but given it's the weekend, I may not hear anything until next week. I haven't given up on it yet.

..Al

• Like 1

I filed a support ticket last night, which will probably get me a response more quickly than simply posting in their forum. There has been no response to the forum post thus far.

..Al

Big thanks to you for the effort on this. Hopefully a solution will be found. Now if Tapatalk would just stop "improving" their app, making it less useable with each iteration, all would be well in the forum world.

• Like 1

Big thanks to you for the effort on this. Hopefully a solution will be found. Now if Tapatalk would just stop "improving" their app, making it less useable with each iteration, all would be well in the forum world.

Ugh, I know, it's terrible. I hadn't used it in a while, and I was hoping they would have abandoned their redesign, but, nope.

..Al

• Like 1