IGNORED

Tapatalk not working.

Kamshaft

Yes, I had to disable Tapatalk because the current version of their forum plugin was causing problems, such as this:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/232382-quote-tag-becomes-t-quote/

Tapatalk has been very slow to respond to this problem, and until they fix it, I have to leave it disabled. Sorry for the inconvenience.

..Al

I did notice that. Thanks for the update!

Doesn't matter too much. The latest version's of tapatalk are pretty much unuseable anyway. I don't know how someone can take a basic easy to use app and screw it up to the point It's unuseable. The whole point of this app is to browse forums which you can no longer do.

I haven't played around with the new app very much. Once they fix the problem with their forum plugin, I'll take a look at. When you say you cannot browse forums, do you mean you can't get a list of forums on a specific site, or you can't browse for forums you might be interested in?

..Al

You can't get a list of forums on a specific site. They have changed it to a Facebook like wall. They recommend topics\posts you might be interested in and put them on the main page. The newest update a couple days ago allows you to read all of the unread topics in the entire forum. The update before that didn't even have that feature.

I understand th plugin is causing issues for the forum, but I wanted to say Tapatalk is my primary way of reading this forum. I hope the plugin can be restored.

As far as the newest versions of tapatalk, all the old features are still there. Click the profile button at bottom right to get a list of web forums. Click a forum and then click the triple line icon to see all the options for that forum, from browsing sub boards to reading unread messages to search, etc.

I understand th plugin is causing issues for the forum, but I wanted to say Tapatalk is my primary way of reading this forum. I hope the plugin can be restored.

As far as the newest versions of tapatalk, all the old features are still there. Click the profile button at bottom right to get a list of web forums. Click a forum and then click the triple line icon to see all the options for that forum, from browsing sub boards to reading unread messages to search, etc.

If I click on a forum and then click on the triple line the following options come up:

HOME

NOTIFICATIONS

SEARCH

PEOPLE

SETTINGS

SIGN OUT

In the previous versions browse was listed as well. But now it is not. I tried downgrading to a older version. I am able to read topics and to post. But they updated their photo uploading and you have to use the new version of tapatalk to use it. (I use this feature a lot when posting to high score clubs)

* I finally figured it out. You have to press the upside down triangle button that ilooks like it does nothing (since it isn't lit up)

Edited by Manoau2002

It's also how I browse the forums on my phone. I'll restore it as soon as they fix the issues with their plugin. Which seems to be moving along rather sluggishly, or really, not at all at the moment.

..Al

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, but I just spent some time attempting to get Tapatalk working again here, and I just have to say, a room of monkeys would be more competent programmers than these idiots. Not only is the plugin still broken, but dear god, the new iOS app is absolutely atrocious. What the heck were they thinking? I went over to the App Store to look at the reviews and had a good chuckle.. Over 700 reviews since this new version was released less than a week ago, and 671 of them are one star:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk/id307880732?mt=8

After reinstalling the software for the forum, I couldn't even get any threads to load at all, receiving an "Error - 2203" message. Which, if you look on Google, you'll see is a relatively common issue. Well, I had to completely uninstall the app and reinstall it to get AtariAge to load up at all, and then when I tried to start a topic I received an error. At that point I promptly deleted the app from my phone and removed the plugin from AtariAge.

Should they get their act together in the future, I'll reinstall it. But, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I wonder if there are any alternatives.

..Al

• Like 1

I wonder if there are any alternatives.

I checked google play a couple weeks ago and didn't really see any alternatives. There are a few forums that use a custom made app for their forums. I wonder if anyone here would have the talent/time to make such a thing for atariage.

It's a bummer that Tapatalk is so ham-handed in their approach to the updates. Tapatalk is a convenient way for me to browse the forums on the go, and I like how it notifies me of personal messages and such. Oh well, if the company can't get their act together, we're all stuck waiting until they do.

I agree, the situation with Tapatalk sucks. They had a great client, and just completely ruined it in terms of the user experience with this latest update. And then the botched forum client, which causes various errors on AtariAge (such as when trying to start new topics). It's just a huge mess right now. I will keep my ear to the ground, though, and see if they are able to dig themselves out of this hole. This may now inspire someone to write a replacement mobile forum app--right now it wouldn't be too difficult to make one better than Tapatalk. However, you also have to write the forum plugins, so it's not a trivial exercise by any means.

..Al

I was going to ask if there was any update on this for Atari Age, but then I remembered what the last version of the app looked like, and now I'm not so bothered.

Shame you can't refund after 2 years with 'you ballsed this right up, you bunch of ****-holes'.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...