IGNORED

Flappy Bird

Schmutzpuppe

Odd, I've got it working on 3 different 7800's right now with a 339 pcb and a 32k eprom just fine.

Weird, it works with a 2600 stick, but doesn't with my stock 7800 controller. I wonder if it's toast, need to check the controller.

Weird, it works with a 2600 stick, but doesn't with my stock 7800 controller. I wonder if it's toast, need to check the controller.

I was using a cx-40 so I'll check with a proline and some homemade controllers.

I also had a couple random crashes when I died where the background changed from blue to black and it needed a power off as reset would not work.

EDIT: Was just a poorly seated eprom in the socket. After soldering the chip directly to the pcb it runs like a champ with no error.

My 12 year old daughter said "Wow it looks just like the real one!"

My 7 year old said" Dad can you play that on your retari?"

So ya know its awesome when these modern game playing kids are amazed. Her other 12 year old friends all said wow and cool.

A bit. trip runner would look fn beautiful on this system after seeing this I can already imagine..

I just couldn't help myself... I had to make an alternate label for fun. :)

post-9364-0-36845000-1419240900_thumb.png

You can use it if you like, or don't if you don't like. :lol:

edit: Been testing on real hardware and no crashes... well, except me of course.

But seriously, I've not found anything wrong with it.

post-9364-0-30585300-1419243533_thumb.jpg

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 4

Schmutzpuppe has done a fantastic job. He's really tweaked the mechanics/power of the flapping and the scrolling is beautiful. The only issue I've come across thus far, for NTSC users, is some slight flicker/line corruption on the lower right-hand side of the screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8eUy5IFrA

A little less pronounced than showcased above, in this latest beta, and certainly no showstopper. It may get completely fixed; regardless, it plays wonderfully as a port of Flappy Bird and truly appreciate it being shared with the community. Thank you again, Schmutzpuppe! :)

• Like 1