IGNORED

Question for you guys about "Bently Bear's Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

Hello all:

I was just curious about something. Should I create a 'TIA' version of this game? The TIA version would not have background music but would have all sound effects. I'm having trouble finding an Inexpensive (i.e. less than $10 per chip) stock of Pokeys. I do know about the 'Hokey' clone, but things this integrated take time to complete.

I'm not sure if I should do this as if and when the Hokey becomes available it might make this issue moot.

(Just to note that I don't have the ROM space to add both TIA and Pokey audio in the same cart like the '320' versions of Pac-Man).

Thanks,

Bob

I would rather pay more for the pokey version, and not to get controversial/political but - this is all under the assumption that the XM is not coming out, or in other words people don't want to wait any longer for it (XM that is...)? This game is highly anticipated, I feel you shouldn't compromise it's original version though just to get it out. Really excited about it, I have purposely not checked it out via emulator so that I can be blown away when I put it in the console (or XM, ha).

• Like 2

So I got one vote for, and one vote against. :)

As far as the XM, I am no longer making any comments about it one way or another. I know about as much about it as you all do - I have not heard from Curt in a long time. I just hope he is ok. (In fact, that was one of the e-mails I had sent to him last).

Thanks,

Bob

I've fallen in love with the POKEY music and would miss it very much. Just for the sake of information, Bob, are you proposing a preliminary run with TIA for those who are interested and a subsequent run once the HOKEY/POKEY situation is settled, or are you proposing a strictly either/or solution? If the latter, I'd definitely be willing to either pay more for POKEY or wait longer for HOKEY.

(HOKEY/POKEY. Couldn't help myself. ;) )

I don't have a problem with TIA sound. I would buy a copy of the game without Pokey.

I also don't mind paying a higher price than normal for a copy with Pokey sound. This is a game where asking a higher price is completely justified.

So I will basically vote yes to whatever enables me to play the game on a real cart. :)

Hmm... Ok I seem to be getting quite the split here...

Just for the record, I meant that there was to be two versions; one with TIA (and no music) and one with Pokey.

Thanks, guys... Still not sure what I should do though :ponder:

:)

Edited by PacManPlus

Thanks, but I don't think that will work for me, as I've given Al the rights to put the game in the store first. I'm looking for Pokeys both for myself and possibly for Al so the game can come out sooner. I was just trying to give another option so the game isn't delayed (it's been done for over a year and it's only the Pokey that's holding it back).

I'm just afraid people will grow tired of it and / or forget about it.

Thanks again guys,

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Have you talked to Batari to see what his ETA for the Hokey is going to be? The last I heard was early 2015. If he is really close to finishing it might not be worth the trouble to program a different rev and then have it come out.

Mitch

I'll buy the game either way. Obviously, I'd prefer it with Pokey/Music..... But who wouldn't?

I'd probably recommend producing both a TIA and a Pokey edition, some folks may not be

able to spend the extra money for the pokey edition.

Do you think you could at least do music on the title screen for the TIA edition?

Edited by JagCD