IGNORED

Ms Pacman 4k

Pbrook67

• 4 weeks later...

Hack'Em and Ms.Hack do not use arcade targeting in any way. Left difficulty set to (B)eginner features only the red monster targeting the player when lethal (attempting to match the vertical location and then the horizontal) most of the time (#SmartRatio) and increasing based on how much of the screen is cleared, all other monsters move randomly (long timer EOR'ed with the frame counter and using 2 bits from the result to get a new direction). If the switch is set to (A)dvanced, the other 3 monsters are given the opportunity to target the player like the red one does...only with less amounts given to #SmartRatio. Roughly translated, left difficulty set at (A) means the red monster seeks the player at least 80% of the time, pink at least 70%, tan at least 40%, and blue at least 20%...all percentages increasing as the screen is cleared.

oh ok. The red ghost didn't seem to follow as much with the switch set to A and I wasn't completely sure how the difficulty switches worked in Hack 'Em and Ms Hack. I was mislead a bit since I didn't test the higher levels.

Edited by BrianC

All these new versions of Atari are coming out can we do a better Ms Pacman???

There is a "new" Pacman in the works that recently got expanded to 8k.

IMO, the original MS Pacman on the 2600 is a decent game, albeit that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

The original Pacman just sucked so hard, that people try to remake it all the time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...