IGNORED

Amiibo!

Unbeliever

Someone tried to come in early and buy all our Gold Mario Amiibos but management shut him down. (Also Wal-Mart policy limited to one per person.)

SUCK IT SCALPERS!

Glad to hear it. Some locations were not so wise unfortunately as eBay pics abound with cart loads worth of Gold Marios.

Also I scored at midnight last night! My Walmart had three available (they got four but one was on reserve for store pickup) and me and one other guy showed up to get one for his nephew. That left one unclaimed to put on the shelf.

Normally I unbox all my Amiibo immediately, but since this is a true collectors edition, I'm keeping it sealed... :D

post-33189-0-66080100-1426882681_thumb.jpg

Edited by stardust4ever

There were no gold marios at the walmart near me, but picked up Toad from ebgames on the way there so it's all good. :)

Gold Mario is not an exclusive in Canada, and I believe they are holding back until April 10th for the Canadian release. These things are selling for $60 average BIN on eBay so I would recommend waiting out the storm if you live in Canada.

In other news, picked up my Toad Amiibo at Gamestop today.

Gold Mario is not an exclusive in Canada, and I believe they are holding back until April 10th for the Canadian release. These things are selling for $60 average BIN on eBay so I would recommend waiting out the storm if you live in Canada.

In other news, picked up my Toad Amiibo at Gamestop today.

Well, if that's the case, awesome. I wouldn't buy it from a scalper anyway so it would be either wait or give up on it for me - even if the scalper had given up trying to make a profit and was selling them for retail price I'd still pass on it - just to help keep him stuck with unsold stock.

Well, if that's the case, awesome. I wouldn't buy it from a scalper anyway so it would be either wait or give up on it for me - even if the scalper had given up trying to make a profit and was selling them for retail price I'd still pass on it - just to help keep him stuck with unsold stock.

Well, I'll admit I've paid for PAL/Asian imports on a few of the Amiibo but I would never pay more than $25 ($15 + $10 s/h) for one and I've never paid a dime to US resellers. That crap makes me sick.

Oh, and here's the source...

It's not all bad news, though - Nintendo of Canada has confirmed that the Gold Mario amiibo will be available in that region from April 10th:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/nintendo_of_canada_hikes_up_amiibo_suggested_retail_price_offers_gold_mario_to_smooth_things_over

Edited by stardust4ever

I was able to get an extra Gold Mario if anyone is still looking. I picked it up in hopes I could trade it with someone for one of the ones I am missing, I got one to open, one to keep "collectible" and the extra to trade,

http://i.imgur.com/rRayT7u.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FJMZCIL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gTWWIbT.jpg

I am looking for these, in order of most wanted to least wanted :P

Rosolina
Villager
Little Mac
Shulk
Pit
Marth
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
Wii Fit Trainer
King Dedede
Lucario

I traded two of the gold marios and was able to get a rosolina, and a hori n64 controller :)

I preordered what I could from gamestop today, got 2 nes amiibos (keeping both, one to open one to display boxed next to my boxed earthbound) and all of the rest that are not exclusive. I am going to try to get jiggly puff and greeninja, but doubt I will be able to. I don't want them enough to bend over backwards to get them.

That will go down really well, if Rosalina was any indication. Fortunately, I'm not collecting the Pokemon Amiibo, save for maybe their token mascot Pikachu. And I probably missed the preorder boat with Nes. I'll just import him if I need to.

Still got my three Amiibo's (Mario, Luigi, and Peach), and the only thing I might want to add to it is Bowser. Otherwise, I'm not really interested in them anymore. Last I checked, there are plenty of Bowsers in my local Gamestop.

They have turned everything into Amiibo's...all thats left is us

we're next

I gotta admit, ever since the April 1st Nintendo Direct, a bunch of guys on NintendoAge have stated they were bailing and selling off their Amiibo collection.

A bunch of new waves of Smash Bros (but we knew they were coming) freaking Splatoon Amiibo (which IMHO look retarded), and besides "SmeXy" Zero Suit Samus and Dr Mario, the cute adorable yarn Yoshis were about the only thing I went gaga over. The only thing that surprised me was the total lack of a reveal for second wave Mario Party characters. Rosalina, DK, and Wario are all but confirmed, and come on, where's the love for Walugi and Daisy?

nintendo_please_make_daisy_x_waluigi_mp1

I digress. Some collectors are completionists who want none of it unless they can have all of it. They got all butthurt when they saw the reveals for Animal Crossing cards and Splatoon Amiibo, and decided to quit collecting and dump what they had. I just collect the characters I like and don't worry about the unobtainiums or "Bee Class" franchises. Sometimes you gotta pick and choose what you really want.

Edited by stardust4ever

• 4 weeks later...

After I get the Pac-Man and Inkling Boy I preordered, I'm just gonna take a break from all the obsessive searching and preordering. There's too much damn pressure and drama online over these things, and I just want to get away from it.

....at least until R.O.B. and Game and Watch come out. Then I'll be back in full force for those two.

After I get the Pac-Man and Inkling Boy I preordered, I'm just gonna take a break from all the obsessive searching and preordering. There's too much damn pressure and drama online over these things, and I just want to get away from it.

....at least until R.O.B. and Game and Watch come out. Then I'll be back in full force for those two.

Don't forget Zero Suit Samus! :love:

I'll just do what I've done up til now. I'll keep checking the stores regularly, and if I see anything I want, I'll pick it up. I'm not going to be terribly upset if I miss out on some, like I've missed out on most of the limited editions thus far.... never did see any gold marios. Oh well~

• 1 month later...

Well, here's a game changer. I just recently purchased a "new" Nintendo 3DS XL with Amiibo support. Once I claim Super Smash Bros again, I might just have to take the little guys and gal out of their respective package and put them to work for me in game.

Nice. More Amiibo lines are being launched apparantly, including the Animal Crossing cards announced at e3.

And this "8-bit" Amiibo which I am super duper stoked about:

8_bit_mario_amiibo_super_mario_maker.jpg

http://nintendonews.com/2015/06/8-bit-mario-amiibo-super-mario-maker/

Amiibo-8-Bit-Classic-Mario.jpgAmiibo-8-Bit-Mario-Modern.jpg

Compare him to the jumbo 3D sprite I made with dice a couple years back:

mario_animation_lg_by_stardust4ever-d8jf

http://stardust4ever.deviantart.com/art/3D-Mario-Sprite-360-degree-Animation-516360230

:grin:

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Supposedly Nintendo America is going to be trying double or triple the supply of Amiibos this year, if Reggie is to be believed. This might potentially mean reissues of some as well.

On the other hand, the last wave and restocks I've seen show up (splatoon, silver mario, pacman, etc) were 2 dollars more expensive as well. That might be part of why they want to up the supply... at 2 dollars more, so long as the amiibos I want start to become available locally, I'll apparently still buy'em.

Pacman was everywhere for a couple weeks, but is now disappearing, much like Toad was available for a time period. Weird that Wario is nowhere to be found. I preordered Pacman and Wario from Amiami. I regretted overpaying for the Pacman but was relieved when Wario turned up nowhere. I still prefer the classic W scheme over Biker. Come on MP series. Also Daisy and Waluigi would be awesome!

Got lucky with a Silver Mario the other week at Gamestop. He hangs on a pushpin Sealed-in-box on my wall next to the Gold. Everything else in my collection is unboxed, although I did keep the card from my Japanese Rosetta & Chiko.

Right now I'm looking forward to Dr Mario, Zero Suit, and the 8-bit Mario. Get the Japanese ROB, any region G&W and Duck Hunt Duo if I'm lucky. And the Yarn Yoshi 3-pack. Splatoon and AC series I literally have zero interest.

After that, I'll be done, unless more characters come out that tickle my fancy.

Edited by stardust4ever