IGNORED

Club Drive

DinnerMan

Club Drive  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Best game on Jaguar, or best game ever?

• Best game on Jaguar
    • Best game ever

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The Jaguar community certainly has no shortage of people like you.

and no shortage of people like you.

It's getting hot in here. You two need to settle this in Club Drive, 2-player Race Mode, Jerome's Pad! ;-)

Check out my Club Drive YouTube video! One of the few Club Drive videos out there where the person isn't driving around horribly and blaming the game, not their lack of skill.

• Like 1

All I was trying to say was, I had written off club drive (and other games) as "don't buy" based on reviews I had seen. But once I tried it for myself I discovered I liked it. And from now on, I will choose what games I like and don't like for myself instead of being told what I should like or not like. If I am going to be condemned for that, then so be it.

• Like 1

No, sadly I trusted the reviewers and started my collection based on their reviews.

That makes no sense, even using your own bizarre statement above...

Why would it be 'sadly' if you get all the better games (judged by peers) first, even if you do like the utter turds in the collection? If you enjoy the crap games, you must be totally in love with the good ones!

Why would it be 'sadly' if you get all the better games (judged by peers) first, even if you do like the utter turds in the collection? If you enjoy the crap games, you must be totally in love with the good ones!

Exactly, that's the whole point of the people in this small community providing their opinions the way they do--to steer newbies or the inexperienced to the stuff that is more likely to be enjoyed to the fullest. That doesn't mean people can't or won't enjoy the crap titles either. I mean, even I enjoy my fair share of them--I enjoy some modes in Club Drive, for instance. That said, I'm going to naturally recommend Iron Soldier, Tempest 2000, Rayman, and other great examples before I come anywhere close to recommending Club Drive. That's just how it works. That doesn't mean Club Drive doesn't have any redeeming qualities. Just take it with a grain of salt and experience the library for yourself.

Exactly, that's the whole point of the people in this small community providing their opinions the way they do--to steer newbies or the inexperienced to the stuff that is more likely to be enjoyed to the fullest. That doesn't mean people can't or won't enjoy the crap titles either. I mean, even I enjoy my fair share of them--I enjoy some modes in Club Drive, for instance. That said, I'm going to naturally recommend Iron Soldier, Tempest 2000, Rayman, and other great examples before I come anywhere close to recommending Club Drive. That's just how it works. That doesn't mean Club Drive doesn't have any redeeming qualities. Just take it with a grain of salt and experience the library for yourself.

Exactly. I don't mean the good reviews that help people. It sounds like we're on the same page here.

I have often found Jaguar reviews to not always align with my opinion :P Strange, because for systems like the Saturn it seems I'm generally better off staying the course and collecting based on recommendations. For example:

Games I really don't like for the Jaguar despite a lot of recommendations: Atari Karts, Iron Soldier 2, Breakout 2000, Towers II

Games that are among my favorite despite many people giving them a hard time: Ruiner Pinball, Kasumi Ninja, Aircars, Defender 2000, and Zero 5 (well, Zero 5 has been getting more recognition lately but it used to get ragged on quite a bit)

Although I no longer have a complete collection, I have owned all the Jaguar games at one point and had a lot of fun figuring out which ones I like for myself :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'd say Club Drive is a decent play. I always got the Hard Drivin' vibe off of it -- which is a game

I absolutely loved in the Arcades. I wish Club Drive had faster frame rates, though. Club Drive and

Checkered Flag were the first 2 games I bought for my Jaguar at Toys R Us (I purchased a

core system without Cybermorph). I ended up playing Checkered Flag for about 10 minutes

and feeling buyer's remorse. Switched to Club Drive -- and played it for the rest of the night

and being pretty happy with it.

Club Drive definitely wasn't a tour de force for the Jaguar -- but it was a fun distraction. I think its

a lot like playing Flicky on the Genesis. Not exactly a showcase for the Genesis' graphical

capabilities, but still a fun distraction nonetheless.

Flicky:

Edited by JagCD

I remember seeing this game on a tv show (was it Bad Influence?) and the guy said it was obviously unfinished.. (I still lol over remembering that comment). But for all it's faults and obvious state it was still released - thankfully!! Because this is a belting game. it's really great fun to drive around and it's quirky and stupid in tons of places - but it works. It's still one of my fave games on the Jag.

..I also bought Chequered Flag. Wow. I shall say no more! :s

For me, the Jag came into it's own the moment I played titles like Wolf, Iron Soldier and AvP. Club Drive remained in my playlist throughout that time also, that's how good it is to me. Even as is ;)

Steve

Edited by ataricrypt
  • Like 1

Mhm. After the lazer blast story arc, you need to talk to the shaman to progress.

Huh? Where did that come from?

I remember seeing this game on a tv show (was it Bad Influence?) and the guy said it was obviously unfinished.. (I still lol over remembering that comment). But for all it's faults and obvious state it was still released - thankfully!! Because this is a belting game. it's really great fun to drive around and it's quirky and stupid in tons of places - but it works. It's still one of my fave games on the Jag.

I remember going to a friend's house when I first got the Jag and having a lot of fun playing two player on this. The graphics were what they were. And it was just enough to let you know that you were a little car driving around a living room, which is my favorite level.

Lookin back, would have been great if your cars could have somehow controlled the game of Pong going on the Television.

Lookin back, would have been great if your cars could have somehow controlled the game of Pong going on the Television.

LOL brilliant!

I wasn't too sure about the wild west map but i can still enjoy the others so much.. belting around with those tunes that never leave the brain! So ace.

Right... i'm going to have to load this up. That's decided my day!!! :D

Steve

That would've been the best part of the Club Drive experience.

All kidding aside, the game can be a fun diversion in small doses.

• Like 1

All kidding aside, the game can be a fun diversion in small doses.

It's true.

2P Powerball and 2P Tag are actually fun to play.

It's only when you attempt actual racing in either 1P or 2P that Club Drive falls apart.

As I say, good fun can be had with those other two modes in 2P.

• 5 months later...