IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 7, ROUND 4

twoquickcapri

9491 - I'm thinking there must be tips and tricks to this game that I just havent figured out in order to get to some of the big scores in the list. I'm wondering how this would play with a rotary controller (I only have the downloadable version of the game; like others, I was short on $$ when the cart was available)

post-21248-0-70425800-1420990776_thumb.jpg

post-40055-0-33746400-1421018925_thumb.jpg

9491 - I'm thinking there must be tips and tricks to this game that I just havent figured out in order to get to some of the big scores in the list. I'm wondering how this would play with a rotary controller (I only have the downloadable version of the game; like others, I was short on $$ when the cart was available)

Mckafka99, I'm no expert, but my turning point (e.g. cracking 10k) occured when I started examining the reasons I kept dying. I lost a dumb amount of lives running along a particularly long plank and getting knocked off the top. So, I've taken to sticking to the very edge of each ledge -- pick a side, chances are a platform will surface below. You do have to look before you leap. I've taken to jumping onto a ledge in the middle just as the second set of ledges scrolls on-screen -- a "safety net" of sorts. this also eliminates many necessary leaps of faith that lead to a plummeting death.

Also, mastering the physics of this one seems a must. Not unlike Mario, of the original SMB, our yellow-clad friend can slip off a ledge if he hits it moving too fast -- especially common on the wee little ledges. Fortunately, you can neutralize his momentum in mid-air, immensely helpful when landing on small platforms (a practice best avoided)

You also start to notice patterns for different levels -- my heart rate increases everytime I hit those red things, after the pencil levels, because I know there's a ton of those on either side of the screen and scant few in the middle to catch my fall.

The best thing you can do is end up in some sort of trance. The music truly helps this -- playing it on the emulator without sound, I had more trouble getting into a hypnotic trance. Now, the house has to be one fire before I really snap out of it. Well, not quite but y'know. Hope this helps.

And I wish I had a cart, as well. Thank god for my Skunkboard.

Thanks for the tips! I almost never fail going up top but always seem to 'just miss' 'falling down'. I've been working on the physics and have learned the strategy of trying to land with almost (or very little) forward momentum which is crucial for landing on any very short beams by changing direction while falling to try to negate the original forward movement. I've also practiced being able to do the quick turn around, where one can sometimes (if quick enough), leave one beam and land on one directly beneath even when it is close and there are no over hangs on the beam beneath to land on. For some reason, I just cant seem to consistently choose the best/correct path down and always find myself on the wrong side of the best side/path, especially as the game progresses. Fairly often the 1st level feels harder than the 2nd or 3rd. The 4th level (blue/orange beams) is where I typically really lose it, not having found a good strategy for that level yet. Time is running out, better get back to it! ;-)

You guys rock. So much strategy for such a simple game :)

It takes some serious strategy!

Agh, just died at 18,908 and it doesn't seem as if I'll have time for another go. That last ladder-looking level after those red things really gets me, with all those long planks. Anyway, CyranoJ, kudos to you and your team on creating the perfect HSC game. There's no need to groan and reset after a false start, as a false start will terminate your session. You simply give it your all every game. Took your advice and got a skunkboard, and so I got to play this one on a jag. I'd love a real copy. Someday, perhaps ...

Anyhoo my personal fave so far in the HSC. Glad it exists.

It takes some serious strategy!

Agh, just died at 18,908 and it doesn't seem as if I'll have time for another go. That last ladder-looking level after those red things really gets me, with all those long planks. Anyway, CyranoJ, kudos to you and your team on creating the perfect HSC game. There's no need to groan and reset after a false start, as a false start will terminate your session. You simply give it your all every game. Took your advice and got a skunkboard, and so I got to play this one on a jag. I'd love a real copy. Someday, perhaps ...

Anyhoo my personal fave so far in the HSC. Glad it exists.

Thank you, just one comment like that makes it all worth it :)

• Like 1