IGNORED

Rom Hunter's V10 Old Era Collection Now Online

Rom Hunter

Awesome, thanks very much for this!

BTW is there a changelog available anywhere for the different versions (or even just the differences between v9 and v10)?

EDIT: Aha, Rastignac did one for v7 and v9. I don't have v9 (just v7 and v10), so one for v9 and v10 would be most welcome. :) I see four of the five known SECAM ROMs have been added.

As a service, maybe you could add TV format conversions to the Harmony section?

I would like to find more info on some of them. I noticed even some games with NTSC versions like Ikari Warriors have a PAL to NTSC conversion.

Edited by BrianC

Here are the new additions I've spotted, using a hex editor for ROM comparisons when the name has been changed:

3-D Genesis (1983) (Amiga, Jerry Lawson, Dan McElroy) (Prototype) ~.bin
3-D Ghost Attack (1983) (Amiga, Michael K. Glass, Jerry Lawson) (Prototype) ~.bin
3-D Havoc (1983) (Amiga, Frank Ellis, Jerry Lawson) (2110) (Prototype) ~.bin
Activision Decathlon, The (1983) (Activision, David Crane) (EAZ-030) (SECAM).bin
Atom Smasher (1984) (Video Soft) (Prototype) ~.bin
Defender (Dactari - Milmar).bin
Depth Charge (1983) (Amiga) (Prototype) ~.bin
End of the World, The (2600 Screen Search Console) (Jone Yuan Telephonic Enterprise Co).bin (EDIT: renamed to World End)
Glacier Patrol (1989) (Telegames, Ed Salvo) (5665 A016) (PAL).bin
H.E.R.O. (1984) (Activision, John Van Ryzin) (EAZ-036-04) (SECAM).bin
Keystone Kapers (1983) (Activision, Garry Kitchen) (EAX-025) (SECAM).bin
Morse Code Tutor (1979) (Atari, Brad Stewart).bin
Oscar's Trash Race (Kid's Controller) (Children's Computer Workshop) (10-20-1982) (Atari, Christopher H. Omarzu, Preston Stuart, Bruce Williams) (CX26101) (Prototype).bin
Power Play Arcade Video Game Album, The - Ghost Attack, Genesis, Havoc (1983) (Amiga) (1110) (Prototype).bin
Red Sea Crossing (1983) (Inspirational Video Concepts, Steve Shustack) (321430) ~.bin
S.A.C. Alert (Joyboard) (1983) (Amiga) (3135) (Prototype) (PAL).bin
S.A.C. Alert (Joyboard) (1983) (Amiga) (3135) (Prototype) ~.bin
Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space (1983) (Activision, Steve 'Jessica' Kitchen) (EAZ-033) (SECAM).bin
These are new dumps that replace old ones with the same filename:
Bumper Bash (Paddle) (1983) (Spectravideo, David Lubar) (SA-218, SA-218C) (PAL).bin
[old PAL dump is now labeled as Bumper Bash (Unknown) (PAL).bin]
Immies & Aggies (1983) (CCE) (C-838).bin
[old dump is now labeled as Immies & Aggies (Unknown).bin]
Mr. Do!'s Castle (1984) (Parker Brothers) (PB5820) ~.bin (added thanks to Omegamatrix; replaces old, bad dump which has been removed)
And this was eliminated:
Zoo Fun (AKA Panda Chase) (1983) (Home Vision - Gem International Corp.) (PAL) ~.bin (EDIT: dupe of Pumuckl I)
The only thing I didn't spot was the FM Sound Tool ROM (FM2 (fix v0.01).bin) that Tempest released with the Morse Code Tutor ROM (aka MORSE.BIN).
  • Like 2

Awesome, thanks very much for this!

BTW is there a changelog available anywhere for the different versions (or even just the differences between v9 and v10)?

EDIT: Aha, Rastignac did one for v7 and v9. I don't have v9 (just v7 and v10), so one for v9 and v10 would be most welcome. :) I see four of the five known SECAM ROMs have been added.

Yes, perhaps Rastignac can make one for V10 as well.

I don't have the know-how to do this.

8)

To ROM: Thanks! Always a valuable resource. Slightly surprised Red Sea Crossing made it into this compilation since it isn't available on Atarimania.

To thegoldenband: Excellent work! Your list of changes saves a lot of perusing time. Thank you for that.

To thegoldenband: Excellent work! Your list of changes saves a lot of perusing time. Thank you for that.

You're very welcome! I can't promise it's 100% complete since I basically just took the two sets of filenames, pasted them into a text document, eliminated duplicates, and compared what was left with a hex editor to see which ones were just renamed. But clearly there's a ton of good stuff in this new release. :)

here's what I got using clonespy to eliminate roms between both collections:

New in V10:

3-D Genesis (1983) (Amiga, Jerry Lawson, Dan McElroy) (Prototype) ~.bin
3-D Ghost Attack (1983) (Amiga, Michael K. Glass, Jerry Lawson) (Prototype) ~.bin
3-D Havoc (1983) (Amiga, Frank Ellis, Jerry Lawson) (2110) (Prototype) ~.bin
Activision Decathlon, The (1983) (Activision, David Crane) (EAZ-030) (SECAM).bin
Atom Smasher (1984) (Video Soft) (Prototype) ~.bin
Bumper Bash (Paddle) (1983) (Spectravideo, David Lubar) (SA-218, SA-218C) (PAL).bin
Defender (Dactari - Milmar).bin
Depth Charge (1983) (Amiga) (Prototype) ~.bin
Glacier Patrol (1989) (Telegames, Ed Salvo) (5665 A016) (PAL).bin
H.E.R.O. (1984) (Activision, John Van Ryzin) (EAZ-036-04) (SECAM).bin
Immies & Aggies (1983) (CCE) (C-838).bin
Keystone Kapers (1983) (Activision, Garry Kitchen) (EAX-025) (SECAM).bin
Morse Code Tutor (1979) (Atari, Brad Stewart).bin
Mr. Do!'s Castle (1984) (Parker Brothers) (PB5820) ~.bin
Oscar's Trash Race (Kid's Controller) (Children's Computer Workshop) (10-20-1982) (Atari, Christopher H. Omarzu, Preston Stuart, Bruce Williams) (CX26101) (Prototype).bin
Power Play Arcade Video Game Album, The - Ghost Attack, Genesis, Havoc (1983) (Amiga) (1110) (Prototype).bin
Red Sea Crossing (1983) (Inspirational Video Concepts, Steve Shustack) (321430) ~.bin
S.A.C. Alert (Joyboard) (1983) (Amiga) (3135) (Prototype) (PAL).bin
S.A.C. Alert (Joyboard) (1983) (Amiga) (3135) (Prototype) ~.bin
Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space (1983) (Activision, Steve 'Jessica' Kitchen) (EAZ-033) (SECAM).bin
Eliminated from V9:
Mr. Do!'s Castle (1984) (Parker Brothers) (PB5820) ~.bin
This makes sense as the Mr. Do!'s Castle is a new, good dump. This method doesn't account for any re-naming of roms. It's just looking at the MD5 checksums.
  • Like 1

I just checked and yep, Mr. Do's Castle has a one-byte change vs. the bad dump. (What did that byte do, I wonder?)

Looking back to my list, it turns out that this one is just a rename:

v7: World End (2600 Screen Search Console) (Jone Yuan Telephonic Enterprise Co).bin

v10: End of the World, The (2600 Screen Search Console) (Jone Yuan Telephonic Enterprise Co).bin

And this file from v7 --
Zoo Fun (AKA Panda Chase) (1983) (Home Vision - Gem International Corp.) (PAL) ~.bin
-- appears to have been a dupe of this, which is in both v7 and v10:
Pumuckl I (AKA Panda Chase) (1983) (ITT Family Games) (PAL).bin
Bottom line, your list looks spot-on. To avoid confusion I'll correct my earlier post. Thanks for that! :)
EDIT: Aha, and (based on your post) I see that the old dump of Immies & Aggies has been relabeled "unknown", with a new dump under the "Immies & Aggies (1983) (CCE) (C-838).bin" name. Edited my post with that too.