IGNORED

Which games would you like to see in 2015?

retroillucid

Arcade ports:

Wizard of Wor

Vanguard

Red Baron

QIX

Armor Attack

Kick (with trackball support!)

Joust (with sound), graphics tweaked to be more arcade accurate.

Ms. Gorf (unfinished proto)

Mr. Do's Wild Ride/Do Run Run/Mr. Do's Castle/Mr. Do!/ Mr. Do's Nightmare multicart!!!!

Journey

non-arcade:

Jumpman

Dracula - make it look like the promo sheet, 3/4 perspective.

There's 100's of MSX games that would be great to port over to CV - too many to list.

Which part? Sound - self explanatory. The character graphics of the ostriches/buzzards and their riders look similar to the arcade but noticably diffferent. I think they could be re-drawn to look pixel exact to the arcade.

If I wanted arcade perfect, I would play the game in MAME or search out the real arcade unit. :P

Honestly though, the differences in the same game which are made across numerous platforms are what makes this hobby or our's a lot more interesting (for better or for worse) and that's what makes your comparison videos/threads worth the time and effort on your part and fun to watch and read through for me.

Crystal Castles (with trackball support)

Venture II (more levels, new enemies and treasures)

Frenzy II (more music, more special levels, power-ups like an automatic energy shield, kid's mode with slower bullets)

Dungeons of Daggorath (source code is available as is a detailed analysis of how the game's code works.. game was intended to have random level generation but had to be cut down to 8k to cut costs)

Smurf Rescue II (more scenes with new music, more enemies). Instead of just Gargamel's Castle it could also have Hogatha's Hideout. Hogatha was his mother. It would be a good idea to work in a pound cake somehow, because there was a joke in the show about how her pound cake was more like a ton cake.

Carnival II (more things to shoot, at least one new bonus level that doesn't use bears, a duck bomb powerup that clears all the ducks on the screen)

Sky Love (with a mode that gives a less fat ship, a kid's mode with a slim ship and slower bullets, and the optional ability to scroll off the side of screen to the other side)

Night Stalker

Gravitar

Crystal Quest (black and white Mac game, would need trackball)

Dodge It (Fairchild VES) — including the bug that rarely causes two blocks to fuse and go haywire

Sonar Search (Fairchild VES)

Taz

Wizard of Wor

Donkey Kong that has the pie level

Battlezone

Edited by Justin222

Speaking of Channel F, are there any remakes of Video Whizball? It is one of the original Fairchild games that I enjoy and has a bit of a unique gameplay, in particular the later variations where the value of the "ball block" increases as time goes by so eventually scoring one goal could end the whole game. I can imagine various power-ups and features like temporary immunity to being shot by the opponent, and graphically you'd have full freedom to improve on the blocky graphics.

Have been looking at the SORD M5 version of: Bosconian, its not as polished as the MSX version, but need to find a SORD M5 expert to continue with this project :) unlike MSX the SORD M5 have same hardware as ColecoVision :)

There is a fair chance the SORD M5 version could be ported to run on a standard Colecovision, without SMG ;)

Edited by CrazyBoss

Have been looking at the SORD M5 version of: Bosconian, its not as polished as the MSX version, but need to find a SORD M5 expert to continue with this project :) unlike MSX the SORD M5 have same hardware as ColecoVision :)

There is a fair chance the SORD M5 version could be ported to run on a standard Colecovision, without SMG ;)

I've had a look at some of the Sord M5 games on YouTube, and they look a bit bland to me, except for Power Pac which is a rather decent version of Super Pac-Man. I'd buy that one if it was ported on ColecoVision. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbl8ih_2HRM

Are there any other good Sord M5 games I've missed? :)