IGNORED

Games Beaten In 2015!

Charlie Cat

1. Doom - Gameboy Advance

For my first entry of 2015, I can think of no better game, than a port of my favorite game of all time!

Great port! Love the green blood.. Something so charming about Nintendo censorship sometimes. Game is relatively short, and easy.. Same map set as Jag Doom.

• Like 1

I tried one more time to beat Half Life 1. I can't.

That game is so horrible, unplayable, boring, its physics/traction completely off (I played it then and some of its contemporaries too so it's not a generation clash). Quake 1 and 2 might not have much of a story, but they stomp on this overrated mess. I always get tired and burnt out from it.

Edited by AtticGamer

Icewind Dale (PC (Mac) )

A disappointingly uneven game. The level design, art direction, and musical score are all well-done, but linear progression, a haphazard plot, a dearth of substantive role-playing opportunities, and perhaps the most perfunctory dialog and exposition I've ever encountered in a story-based game severely restrict a sense of immersion.

And without that sense of immersion, the game is little more than a repetitive and tedious exercise in mook-hacking. 6/10

Edited by Christophero Sly

2. Cate West: Vanishing Files - Nintendo DS

Another I-Spy type hidden object game with a murder mystery story. Fun time waster.

3. Ducktales: Remastered - PSN

This was AWESOME! A freebie on PS+ this month.. Really short, full of charm & nostalgia.

• Like 1

Project: Snowblind (XBOX)

Apparently, Project: Snowblind was going to be the third entry in the Deus Ex series, but for whatever reason, it was spun-off into its own standalone universe. Nevertheless, the game's heritage is readily apparent. Just like the Deus Ex games, Project: Snowblind includes bio-augmentations, hackable computers, a large arsenal of weapons, and lots of ventilation ducts to crawl through. While those elements do add a measure of variety to Project: Snowblind's gameplay, they don't add a much depth because, unfortunately, those elements haven't been implemented in Project: Snowblind with anywhere near the level of sophistication found in the Deus Ex games. Unlike the Deus Ex games, Project: Snowblind never really exceeds the boundaries of a straight-up run-and-gun corridor FPS. Moreover, the story is dumb, the AI is lackluster, and the level design is pedestrian. Project: Snowblind is competent, but thoroughly mediocre. It's one of those games that somehow adds up to substantially less than the sum of its parts. (5/10)

• Like 1

4. Destiny - Xbox One

Despite the hate, I freakin loved this game. Admittedly pretty short, but I didn't mind. With all the MMO RPG trappings (albeit very few) I felt the game was pretty fleshed out.

5. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Xbox One

Super short, but a blast to play! Dat Kevin Spacey. Love the Exo Suit abilities! & The mech suit you get towards the end of the game.

2. Mega Man 4 (NES)

played a patched ROM on my tablet with a tiny impulse bluetooth controller. i'm sure the infinite health and weapon energy cheats helped. even then, i don't remember having so much trouble with Bright Man's stage. i had to go back after getting Rush Jet to fly past all that bullshit. i also forgot which weapon killed which boss (including Cossack castle & Wily castle bosses). I'm surprised I still remembered where the Wire and Balloon items were.

they say MM4 thru MM6 were crap, with boss ideas like Dust Man (a vacuum cleaner), Ring Man (not menacing at all), Plant Man (really?), Yamato Man (what?), and well you get it. i would say MM4 is still a solid entry. especially the music (or most of it). Dive, Skull, Pharaoh, Drill, Dust, all good stuff there.

• Like 1

I beat The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS3) two days ago. I hadn't really expected this to stay on the high level of the first season, but it absolutely did. Totally recommended, can't wait for the the third season now :thumbsup:

I also tried some more recent telltale series demos. I didn't get warm with 'The Wolf Amongst Us' or 'Game of Thrones', but 'Tales from the Borderlands' seems to be my cup of tea, so I hope they put it out on disc soon :)

7. Doom 2: Hell on Earth - PC

Really awesome game! This was in fact my first time beating Doom 2.. Thus, I have beaten all the official Doom games, except for the Doom 2 Master Levels. (Doom; Doom 2; Final Doom; Doom 2: No rest for the living; Doom 64; Doom 3; Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil; & Doom 3: The Lost Mission.) If I've missed any, please let me know, so I may tackle it too!