IGNORED

Games Beaten In 2015!

Charlie Cat

I finished Assassin's Creed Liberation HD on X360. Way better than regular AC3 in my opinion, but still felt like a handheld game moved to a console. Also the AC storylines just continue to sort of not live up to their potential. I've accepted that the AC series stories aren't going to be that compelling from here out.

Prove me wrong UbiSoft!

SMB2 (USA)

This is the first I've beaten the game by going all the way through without using warps. The last time I seriously played it was over 20 years ago, and I may have beaten it with warps back then.

I used Toad for the first three worlds and 6-1, and Peach for all the other stages. Her hovering ability makes her the most useful over all.

43. Tennis (Game Boy)

I've beaten this twice before, and have nothing new to say. B.

44. Marble Madness (Game Boy)

Beat this before too, and it's still a terrible port. D-.

45. Jeopardy! (Game Boy)

46. Jeopardy!: Teen Tournament (Game Boy)

47. Jeopardy! Platinum Edition (Game Boy)

It's Jeopardy! on the Game Boy, what's to say? Well, actually, a fair bit: there are only two contestants, the CPU is quite weak, the questions are all over the map (the Teen Tournament ranges from stupidly easy to hopelessly obscure), and it once refused to give me credit for putting "NETHERLANDS" instead of "THE NETHERLANDS". The first one's the best (C-), as the others are buggier (D+).

48. AD&D: Cloudy Mountain (Intellivision)

Beat this for the 3rd or 4th time on Hero difficulty, just for fun. A+.

49. Andre Agassi Tennis (SNES)

I believe this is the 600th game I've ever beaten, which is kind of nice since it was one of the first SNES ROMs I ever downloaded. I've never been able to make any real headway with it until today, when I finally figured out the aggressive approach that led me to blast through the game in only 90 minutes. (An earlier attempt was going reasonably well when the game crashed on my 3rd match.) It's not as bad as the Genesis game, but also not as interesting. D+.

So, I just finished Maximo (PS2) - with 100% Mastery! :)

Not sure why it's supposed to be one of the Top 10 hardest PS2 games. For a G'n'G game it's actually one of the easier ones.

BTW: I had the gallery unlocked as well, but I didn't know that it'd lock again if you save without the 4 fairy kisses in the inventory after that. Meh... :roll:

Capcom games beaten in 2015: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Dino Crisis 2, Spawn, RE: Code Veronica, Mega Man 7, Mega Man X3, Demon's Crest, Street Fighter EX3, Mega Man Legends 2, Marvel Vs. SNK Pro, Breath Of Fire IV, Tech Romancer, Mega Man & Bass, Strider 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO, Devil May Cry & Maximo

Played once again through Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS) What a fun game that is! :)

Capcom games beaten in 2015: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Dino Crisis 2, Spawn, RE: Code Veronica, Mega Man 7, Mega Man X3, Demon's Crest, Street Fighter EX3, Mega Man Legends 2, Marvel Vs. SNK Pro, Breath Of Fire IV, Tech Romancer, Mega Man & Bass, Strider 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO, Devil May Cry, Maximo & Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

50. Hatris (Game Boy)

51. Fist of the North Star (Game Boy)

52. Heiankyo Alien (Game Boy)

All games I've beaten before, and graded before, so no comments needed.

53. Crime Patrol (Sega CD)

I really wanted to like this light-gun shooter adapted from laserdisc, but it eventually becomes straight-up unfair, giving you almost no time to react to randomized enemies who sometimes can't even be seen because of the severely degraded video. So I used my own countermeasures to defeat it, including tracking compression artifacts for "tells" to identify which enemy was coming next. D.

54. NFL's Greatest: San Francisco vs. Dallas 1978-1993 (Sega CD)

Pointless football game whose gameplay amounts to picking options from menus and watching the results unfold as grainy videos. So, in effect, it's a BASIC type-in game from 1983, plus FMV. F.

• Like 1

Probably the last one for 2015, this evening I finished "Resident Evil Revelations 2" on the PS3 :)

Is it worth picking this one up? My RE fatigue is extreme, but I've heard this one is decent.

So I used my own countermeasures to defeat it, including tracking compression artifacts for "tells" to identify which enemy was coming next.

Ha! Edited by Christophero Sly
  • Like 1

Is it worth picking this one up? My RE fatigue is extreme, but I've heard this one is decent.

I'd say so indeed. I think it's even better than the first Revelations title and certainly miles above RE6. I especially liked the missions with Barry - there's some fun parts in it where instead of just going guns blazing you can also try to play clever. Going back and forth over that island in parts also reminded me of the amazing last Tomb Raider game which can't be that bad a thing :)

• Like 1

I'd say so indeed. I think it's even better than the first Revelations title and certainly miles above RE6. I especially liked the missions with Barry - there's some fun parts in it where instead of just going guns blazing you can also try to play clever. Going back and forth over that island in parts also reminded me of the amazing last Tomb Raider game which can't be that bad a thing :)

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead and pick this one up then.