IGNORED

Sikor Soft games - now they are abandonware

Sikor

O.K. Now I can put it for free (all 8-bit Atari games published by me). From today - all Sikor Soft games are free to download (legaly) for free! But no one can't change any byte of code!

Play it legally for free! It is my New Year gift for all atarians!

Edited by Sikor
  • Like 13

Thank you !!!

But errm, let`s pretend you have the original diskettes (like I do) and they do have copy-protection. Think it should be allowed then to change some bytes and remove the copy-protection...?!? Or is there an official download area (website) already, where the copy-protection of the programs has been removed...?!?

O.K. Now I can put it for free (all 8-bit Atari games published by me). From today - all Sikor Soft games are free to download (legaly) for free! But no one can't change any byte of code!

Play it legally for free! It is my New Year gift for all atarians!

I think this should really be categorized as freeware rather than abandonware.

You should consider sending atarionline.pl/Atarimania official unprotected versions so that users know they are downloading unmodified software from these sites. How else can they be certain they download unmodified versions of your software.

Sorry, I don't quite get that. Either you are the legal owner and holder of the copyright. In such cases, you can offer people to play the game for free, and you can also offer a modified version (since it's your program anyhow). Or you are not the owner and holder of the copyright, in which case you can neither offer people to play them for free (only the owner would) nor to modify them.

IOW, are you certain that you can offer games you do not own?

For all games I have rights. But Polish law is more complicate that other ones. I can't putt it free with source code or made freeware, because many games was written by other peoples. So, I have rights to sell it or/and put as abandonware, but for source code and for changing something in code are only authors, wchich made code, msx, gfx etc. Yes, it is complicate for peoples outside Poland, but Polish law is as is.

So, please don't ask me for rights for changing any byte of code. It's impossible in my country law. Peoples writed games for me wasn't employers of my firm, they comes from outside. And - in Polish law - it can put me only finansial rights for they programs. But thay - in lawer case - can't change any byte of code without my permission. But I can't put them my permission, because any changes in code change version, so I must pay them for it, if I want do it. If they want change it without my permission - they can pay me for it, because they sell me financial rights for it. So - thay can't do it. And circle was rounded.

So, if you can't be happy to use it free - simple don't play for it. Polish law is terrible, as I said.

• Like 3

That explains it very nicely, and I personally want to thank Sikor for overcoming the language barrier with his very patient and hard fought battle to explain this to us.

Under the agreament (legally binding in Polish law) he must pay (if he changes the code) for the new version.

I thank you for abandoning this software. :)

• Like 1