IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2015 (Season 8)

Sorry about your wisdom tooth. Get those bastards yanked. :)

I had my wisdom teeth extracted when I was 19. Went back to work the same day.

Hey, thanks. Not sure how involved an extraction would be, but I'm old enough that it probably won't be as simple as it would've been when I was a kid. I didn't have dental insurance then, though, so what can you do? They hadn't really troubled me in over a decade, but I guess it's time for them to act up again...

Getting wisdom teeth extracted is actually easier than most other molars. Go for it. A good dentist gets that mofo out in 3 minutes with no trouble at all. And believe me: you DON'T want that tooth stay in your jaw too long and possibly infect your blood. I've been there. It's not fun, and can be dangerous. I'd say get rid of it.

• Like 1

Atari 2600

Reactor: 10 min

PC (DOS)

Silent Hunter: 116 min

Little time ths week. Lots of work, plus travelling. I would have loved to spend more time on REACTOR (this week's HSC game), because it's just brilliant. If I ever stumble across the arcade original (which must be very rare by now), I'd be sure to feed that thing with a pocketful of coins.

• Like 2

Atari 2600

Kaboom!- 672 minutes

High score of the week: 165,987

"..It was the best of times. It was the worst of times..." I actually had a game that I only made it to around 250. I guess I was halfway sleeping and very lackadaisical.

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (May 4th through 10th):

Apple II:

Dino Eggs - 73 min. in 2 sessions

Short Circuit - 163 min. in 4 sessions

Atari 2600:

Marble Madness Demo - 5 min.

TI-99/4A:

Ant Colony (Prototype) - 48 min.

I started out this week with Dino Eggs on the Apple II, but abandoned it after I'd made Level 9 twice. Then I played Short Circuit, another game by David Schroeder, until I reached the level "Magnetic Chambers" which I don't see myself being able to complete.

Then I noticed someone here on Atariage has tried a port of Marble Madness on the Atari 2600, so I checked that out. It's severely watered-down compared to the arcade original, however... currently, thre's only the first stage and no enemies.

FInally, I had completed everything and since I couldn't decide what to play next, I continued building my games databse which actually only lasted until December 2009. While fetching the played games from my daily records I kept back then, I noticed one game I couldn't really remember well in order to rate it, so I decided to play it again... Ant Colony, a maze game where you have to put out all ant nests on screen. That game is a prototype, so it crashes often and has other rough edges as well.

THen, tonight I played Dino Eggs again to show it to my parents.

• Like 2

SNES:

Fever Pitch - 10 min.

Striker - 4 min.

Super Soccer - 13 min.

I played through my collection of SNES football games to determine which to keep and which to try to sell. Out of those three, I find Fever Pitch to be the most playable, and Super Soccer to be the worst.

VIC-20:

Bandits - 5 min.

Tooth Invaders - 35 min.

A couple of NTSC only games, well worth getting a NTSC VIC-20 for.

• Like 3

My times for the week:

Coco 1/2:

Fahrfall - 2 min.

SNES:

Cybernator - 1 min.

Sega CD:

Dracula Unleashed - 52 min.

3DO:

Burning Soldier - 45 min.

PlayStation:

Tai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger - 2 min.

Dreamcast:

The Grinch - 191 min.

Beat Burning Soldier on Hard -- thoughts on that here. Otherwise it was incremental progress in Dracula Unleashed, and a minor breakthrough in The Grinch that got me about 12% further on the game's completion meter.

• Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 19, running from May 4 - 10. We logged 1974 minutes of eligible playtime, playing 22 games on a total of 14 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 672
2. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 325
3. Grinch, The (Dreamcast) - 191
4. Short Circuit (Apple II) - 163
5. Doomed Dungeon (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 127
6. Silent Hunter (PC (DOS)) - 116
7. Dino Eggs (Apple II) - 73
8. Dracula Unleashed (Sega CD) - 52
9. Ant Colony (TI-99/4A) - 48
10. Burning Soldier (3DO) - 45

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 672
2. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 325
3. Short Circuit (Apple II) - 163
4. Dino Eggs (Apple II) - 73
5. Ant Colony (TI-99/4A) - 48
6. Super Pac-Man (Atari 7800) - 40
7. Tempest (Atari 5200) - 35
7. Tooth Invaders (VIC-20) - 35
9. Reactor (Atari 2600) - 10
10. Marble Madness (demo) (Atari 2600) - 5
10. Bandits (VIC-20) - 5

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (687)
2. Atari 7800 (365)
3. Apple II (236)
4. Dreamcast (191)
5. PC (Windows 95/98) (127)
6. PC (DOS) (116)
7. Sega CD (52)
8. TI-99/4A (48)
9. 3DO (45)
10. VIC-20 (40)

I could go into my usual spiel here, but I'd rather just let Michigan J. Frog take this one:

• Like 3

Well I went to work and forgot to put my times in for the past week.. Here they are in case anyone cares.

Colecovision

Cix - 240 minutes

Schlange CV - 60 minutes

Jet Pack! - 125 minutes

Subroc Super Game- 35 minutes

Pang! - 10 minutes

Bank Panic - 45 minutes

Steamroller - 35 minutes

Magical Tree - 20 minutes

Joust - 75 minutes

NES

Smash TV - 145 minutes

Arkanoid - 30 minutes

Edited by WispFollower
  • Like 3

Well I went to work and forgot to put my times in for the past week.. Here they are in case anyone cares.

Of course we care! :) And speaking personally my interest is always piqued when folks play SG-1000 conversions like Bank Panic. I'll put them in with this week's times.

• Like 2

Of course we care! :) And speaking personally my interest is always piqued when folks play SG-1000 conversions like Bank Panic. I'll put them in with this week's times.

I apologize for causing a recalibration of the week's times. I'm in a state of exhaustion, and it slipped my mind this morning.

I am really loving Bank Panic! You need great reflexes to truly score big in this game, and I always enjoy a good test of the reflexes. I also got into an almost hypnotic state while playing Cix (or is it "i x")? My mind went in many directions, and I found some fantastic new strategies! I am excited for the future of my Cix scores. It kept making me laugh how there are enough zeroes for hundred of millions of points to be scored when I was just breaking 100k, but now I'm ready for the challenge!

• Like 1

I apologize for causing a recalibration of the week's times. I'm in a state of exhaustion, and it slipped my mind this morning.

Oh, I actually meant this coming week (i.e. 5/11 - 5/17), so no worries -- no recalibration needed.

I am really loving Bank Panic! You need great reflexes to truly score big in this game, and I always enjoy a good test of the reflexes.

Yes, I remember liking that one as well! How do the controls work -- did Eduardo adapt them to the ColecoVision keypad?

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (May 11th through 17th)...

Commodore 64:

Dino Eggs - 360 min. in 6 sessions

I only played this one game after being finished with the Apple II version. As for a comparison, it's closer to the original than the C-64 version of Crisis Mountain, but there still are some minor differences... your main character runs a bit slower, but everything's a bit smoother with less slowdowns (at least on a PAL C-64). The game is more colorful due to using sprites for spiders, the main character and the dinosaur babies. The snakes are somewhat slower and easier to dodge, but the fire time runs out faster, making it really difficult to finish Level 9 in a way that you get the bonus points. And in later levels, there also seem to be more babies hatching, which promptly get abducted by spiders. This makes it difficult to actually gain points in Level 9. I had a game where I had about 400 points on reaching Level 9, which I abandoned multiple times due to fire time running out, and at the end of the game I only had 250 points remaining. However, today I reached my personal goal of 500 points... barely. I couldn't make it to the warp zone in time and devolved into a spider. On the base level a baby was running towards a spider which was going to abduct it, pushing my score below 500. However, the spider I devolved into cut the trace of that spider coming down, so the baby didn't get abducted, and I finished the game with, I think, 508 points. ;-)

• Like 1

Amiga 1200:
Tracker Hero AGA - 56 min.
Tandy MC-10:
Flagon Bird - 37 min.
Tetris - 32 min.
VIC-20:
Metagalactic Llamas - 2 min.

I brought all three of these to a retro gaming expo and had others play on them all Saturday. Tracker Hero seems quite buggy, or if it is my Amiga 1200 with 030 expansion that isn't perfectly stable, but most of the time it worked well. I also had the MC-10 port of Flagon Bird (originally for the CoCo series) running most of the day. My personal best is 20, but someone at the expo managed 31! I also played a little VIC, which seems interesting enough to have a couple people asking if mine was for sale, but not interesting enough to have more than 1-2 out of 49 vendors actually stock any VIC items for sale, which pains me a little but I realize the C64 came to market much too soon to have everyone forget its predecessor.

• Like 2

ATARI 2600:

Yars' Revenge - 70 minutes. I played with Game 0 (Children's Variation) and Difficulty BB just for fun.

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Collection - 260 minutes. Highest score of this week: 1,469,900 points (Pac-Man, Plus OFF, Fast ON, 3 starting lives, 1 player and Bell 2 Start)

Check out my gameplay video and statistical tables which prove my score obtained.

post-24681-0-96040300-1431908849_thumb.png post-24681-0-69017000-1431908858_thumb.png

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 2