IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2015 (Season 8)

Goldenband, what is the current total minute tally for GORF (VCS) all time?

537 minutes! I used to play the heck out of that game when I was a kid; good thing too, since I thoroughly annoyed my mom by begging her to keep it when we got it in the mail from one of those Columbia House-style things.

• Like 1

Meanwhile we get the first-ever appearance of the WonderSwan on the tracker -- quelle coincidence! :D -- and rare visits from the Game.com and TRS-80 Model I.

Will probably see even more Wonderswan in the near future as I'm bidding on some stuff on eBay :) its a really fun system when you figure out the games you don't need to know Japanese to play :)

• Like 1

Videos + statistical tables of previous week (August 31st - September 6th):

1) Universal Chaos - High Score 225,470 points (2600 NEW HSC Season 4, Week 33, posted through Facebook)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=749528261837137

2) H.E.R.O. - High Score 1,000,000 points on Game 5 (2600 NEW HSC Season 4, Week 34 - Season 4 is finishing)

post-24681-0-20257800-1441676497_thumb.png

3) Elk Attack - High Score 1,533,000 points on Game 1 (Rolled The Score at 52:05 mark)

post-24681-0-76764900-1441676480_thumb.png post-24681-0-33661700-1441676485_thumb.png post-24681-0-92355400-1441676489_thumb.png

4) Spacemaster X-7 - High Score 1,656,325 points (Rolled The Score at 31:56 mark)

post-24681-0-19157200-1441676505_thumb.png post-24681-0-79152400-1441676511_thumb.png post-24681-0-40722500-1441676521_thumb.png

• Like 2

Have we ever had 10 different systems on the top 10 most played games? I notice this week we were up to 9 systems on 10 games which is pretty good.

I noticed that too!

We've had a few weeks with 9 different systems in the top 10, but I'm aware of only one where we had ten different systems for the top 10 games: Week 18 of 2012. It was also one of our all-time biggest weeks, and is still #6 on the all-time list even with all the big numbers lately.

• Like 5

Want to get a head start. Lots of different games so far.

VCS:

Battlezone (28 minutes)

E.T. (18 minutes)

Combat (30 minutes)

Frogger (15 minutes)

GORF (48 minutes)

Superman (6 minutes)

Ms. Pac Man (30 minutes)

Video Pinball (10 minutes)

Midnight Magic (25 minutes)

Defender (5 minutes)

Centipede (12 minutes)

TI-99/4A:

A-MAZE-ING (30 minutes)

Mind Challengers (20 minutes)

Miner 2049er (50 minutes)

Already a REALLY good week... More to add by this weekend I'm sure...

• Like 4

Played a bunch of Wonderswan :) all on emulation of course as I don't have a Wonderswan, but I bought one :) just gotta wait on mail from Japan :/ then I can play on the real thing :D

Wonderswan -

Buffers Evolution - 20min

Ganso Jajamaru Kun - 30min

Kaze No Klonoa - 15min

Lode Runner - 75min

Makaimura - 11min

Pocket Fighters - 30min

Puyo Puyo Tsu - 20min

Puzzle Bobble - 120min

Shanghai Pocket - 30min

Wonderborg Robot Works - 120min

this is a program that interacts with the wonderborg robot, I don't have the robot unfortunately but the training missions are pretty fun :) so far I've finished all but mission 11 and 15.

Rockman & Forte - Mirai Kara No Chousen Sha - 10min

Space Invaders - 5min

• Like 4

Atari 2600

H.E.R.O.: 113 min

Universal Chaos: 17 min

PC (DOS)

Historyline: 390 min

Game Boy Classic

Max: 28 min

No time to play more today because of real life obligations. Which is a shame, since I really wanted to get a better score on HERO in the High Score Club. Those super crazy mega bonus weeks are going to hurt me a lot if I keep sucking at the games :-).

In other news: More World War 1 strategy and driving home by bus, playing Game Boy.

• Like 3

ATARI 2600:

H.E.R.O. - 75 minutes (Starting Level 1, from Activision Anthology)

Phoenix - 100 minutes

Video Pinball - 15 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Collection - 40 minutes

Video of the week: 2600 PHOENIX - New High Score 1,006,860 points (Rolled The Score, including Statistical Table)

post-24681-0-67710500-1442141009_thumb.png

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 3

First-time participant, hope I did this right.

I'd be listing tons of Wii U and 3DS time but those aren't counted, no sweat though ;)

last week (9/7 - 9/12)

Addam's Family (Amiga) - 40 minutes

Great American Cross-Country Race (C=64) - 10 minutes

Lego Rock Raiders (Win98) - 60 minutes

Pipe Dream (Win) - 15 minutes

Space Harrier (Arcade) - 10 minutes

Space Harrier 3D (MS) - 5 minutes

Streets of Rage (Genesis) - 5 minutes

• Like 5

It was a pretty slow week for gaming over here, logging just shy of 8 hours of household gaming time (as opposed to our usual 17 to 25), which was largely due to hanging out with and showing a friend from out of state around the Twin Cities. There wasn't a whole lot of time for gaming, but the trips we took to the Renaissance Festival, Mall of America, and a few other fun places around the cities totally made up for it. That said, here's the household gaming times for this week. :)

jTMEZP4.jpg

Ineligible

The Pinball Arcade (Android) - 4 minutes

Arcade

Centipede (played on Atari Anniversary Advance for Game Boy Advance) - 50 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (played on Namco Museum for Game Boy Advance) - 15 minutes

Atari 2600

Adventure (played on Atari Flashback 2) - 41 minutes

Centipede (played on Atari Flashback 2) - 10 minutes

ColecoVision

Choplifter (played on ColecoVision Flashback) - 16 minutes

Montezuma's Revenge (played on ColecoVision Flashback) - 23 minutes

Squish'em Sam (played on ColecoVision Flashback) - 14 minutes

Venture (played on ColecoVision Flashback) - 9 minutes

Game Boy

Marble Madness - 5 minutes

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition - 14 minutes

Game Boy Color

Dragon's Lair - 8 minutes

Shanghai Pocket - 6 minutes

NES

Hogan's Alley - 18 minutes

PlayStation

Final Doom - 157 minutes

Sega Genesis

Columns - 11 minutes

Comix Zone - 20 minutes

Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi - 28 minutes

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 14 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
463 minutes (7 hours 43 minutes)

Individual System Play Times This Week

PlayStation: 157 minutes

Sega Genesis: 73 minutes

Arcade: 65 minutes

ColecoVision: 62 minutes

Atari 2600: 51 minutes

Game Boy: 19 minutes

NES: 18 minutes

Game Boy Color: 14 minutes

Android: 4 minutes

• Like 4

Acorn Electron:

Bird Strike - 8 min.

Felix and the Fruit Monsters - 7 min.

Microball - 35 min.

Mr Wiz - 9 min.

Atari 8-bit:

International Karate - 7 min.

Yoomp! - 7 min.

Atari ST:

Barbarian - 2 min.

Channel F:

Video Whizball - 15 min.

Mega Drive:

Columns - 6 min.

Fix-It Felix Jr - 4 min.

TurboGrafx-16:

Rayden - 2 min.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this week (Sept. 7th through 13th)...

TI-99:

Minesweeper - 358 min. in 9 sessions

Windows 10 (non-eligible):

Candy Crush Saga - 20 min.

Windows XP (non-eligible):

Minesweeper - 12 min.

First I tried the Windows XP version of Minesweeper which is actually very similar to the Windows 3.1 version because it relies on the same codebase and the graphics have barely changed. The version in Windows 7 is noticeably different because it has been rewritten from scratch for Vista and up. After that, thanks to a hint given here, I tried the TI-99 version for a quite long time. It's pretty decent, but it lacks some of the features of the WIndows version, most notably showing where the bombs are after you lose. In the end, you're depending on luck if you get a board that's well or badly solvable. But I finally managed to beat the hard level on the TI-99 version.

Finally, I fooled around a bit with a test installation of Windows 10. Seems like nearly all software that runs under Windows 7 runs under Windows 10 as well, only Lenovo's Power Manager has to be run under compatibility mode because there's no version officially supporting Windows 10. I must admit that I tried it on a laptop that doesn't officially support Windows 10 as well (a Lenovo Thinkpad T61), and it shows in parts... Candy Crush Saga doesn't seem to display everything that should be displayed. You're playing over a black background where there probably should be a background picture, but somehow the layering is broken (or unsupported by the graphics chip) on that machine. However, them old programs that were written for Windows 95 do display correctly because they don't use any layering. ;-) I basically tried all this because my main PC is still running Windows XP which as of now has been unsupported for a year, and passed in market share by Windows 7 by far. So I'm thinking of modernizing everything by and by. To that end, I've started to back up all the content I created myself from my old C-64 5 1/4" disks, using a ZoomFloppy device I bought specifically for this purpose.

Candy Crush Saga itself is a typical 3-in-a-row game where you make rows by exchanging 2 pieces vertically or horizontally. I'm pretty sure I've seen this before under different names, with pieces that don't resemble candy.

• Like 4

"Vidja Games."

Atari 2600 -

Night Stalker - 21 minutes

Fast Eddie - 2 minutes

Tennis - 15 minutes

Kaboom! - 5 minutes

Apple II -

Bureaucracy - 63 minutes

BBC Micro -

Clogger - 46 minutes

Compucolor II -

Star Trek - 142 minutes

NES -

Uncharted Waters - 15 minutes

PC (DOS) -

The Incredible Machine - 6 minutes

DONKEY.BAS - 13 minutes

PC (Windows) -

Battlezone - 32 minutes

Dividead - 306 minutes

Sharp X68000 -

Cameltry - 32 minutes

So I didn't play too much other than that Dividead visual novel that a friend threw at me and said "play through it". I pulled out the Compucolor II though and gave my one game - Star Trek - a spin. Pretty fun after I figured it out.

I mainly spent my time listening to music and laying around on my face, but it was a fun enough week.

• Like 3

My times for the week:

NES/Famicom:
Bokosuka Wars - 284 min.
Family Tennis - 354 min.
Beat Family Tennis, an excellent effort that's probably the best 8-bit tennis game I've ever played. Naturally, it was never released outside of Japan, but I've been helping with a translation (one I started back in 2011!) that's just about complete.
I also unexpectedly spent some time playing the infamous Bokosuka Wars. It has the reputation of being cryptic, crude, and horrifically unplayable, but it's actually a nifty (if primitive) little wargame of sorts. Unfortunately, the difficulty curve ramps up in a way that feels more unfair than challenging, but -- after multiple attempts and with more than a bit of luck -- I at least made it to the final area (the last 100 meters, for those who know the game).
  • Like 5