IGNORED

HSC11 Round 24: "Y & Z" Yoomp! Zenji & Zador

For the final round of the season, and at long last, Yoomp! returns to the HSC. Without exception the best "new" A8 game of recent years.

For Z we have Zenji which looks interesting and Zador which is fun, and Bluecat's favourite A8 game too ;)

As it's the final round we'll have full points for all 3 games and a bonus Team Challenge on Yoomp!

yoomp!.pngzenji.pngzador.png

Yoomp

Start from the beginning each time. Press fire to Jump... I mean Yoomp!

Regular HSC points

Beat pseudografx's HSC record 12,141 for a bonus point

Bonus "Team Yoompathon": Two Teams based on the current standings - Trbb (odd ranks) vs McKong (even ranks). Total Score for all players combined. Winning team each get 3pts.

Download v1.1 Fandal ATR NTSC version available Atarimania has both

Zenji

I don't know this game so will add more details later [HERE]; there are some instructions in the game :thumbsup:

[simpler than you may think, move around - hold fire and move L/R to rotate a piece, join up the stranded pieces to the main chunk and it goes nice and green... level up!]

Regular HSC points.

Download Fandal XEX.

Zador

NTSC users - game timer is too quick so please use emulator on PAL video settings if you can [hopefully someone will fix this] also does not seem to run on altirra but is ok on atari800win+4.0 :thumbsup:

Match the tiles in pairs - must be on the edges so they would slide out - imagine you need to draw a line like shaped like a I, L, U or n or a Z between them. The flowers and seasons match with others in the sets, Press Space to use one of your 3 "H"ints if you are stuck. Look out for the flowers that match up together and the sun, hearts and the other thingys that also pair up!!!

No using emulator pause key - press Select(F3) to pause (the screen is blanked)

Regular HSC points. Bonus challenge highest score on the first level 1pt.

Beat bluecats' HSC record of 5,900 for a bonus point.

Bonus Game Zador II

There is a "Revison B" with an orange title screen - which is a smaller screen version so play this for a bonus point or two :)

Downloads Kemel's KE Soft Web Site ATR (saves high score) or Fandal ATR (listed as "Zado")

Info on "Shishen-Sho" games. Video of Zador Level 1

Round (and season!) ends Sunday 18th January 11pm UK time

Join in everyone and have fun

Let me know if you need any help

Edited by therealbountybob
Added bonus game Zador II

Yoomp: 3485 4865

Zador: 270

Gave Zenji another try but couldn't top my previous high.

Sorry about the bad Yoomp! picture. I'll have to beat that score so that I can post a better picture. :)

I'm still not sure I understand how Zador works (I had originally though the pieces had to be on the outside, but two pieces adjacent to each other within the image can also be removed I found out).

A fun little group of games this week for sure. Zenji has been a long time favourite of mine, Yoomp I had tried but never played on real hardware before, and I can see myself getting hooked on Zador.

post-2091-0-79628600-1420377272_thumb.jpgpost-2091-0-10537100-1420376212_thumb.jpg

Edited by 8BIT 1337

Yoomp: 3485 4865

Zador: 270

Gave Zenji another try but couldn't top my previous high.

Sorry about the bad Yoomp! picture. I'll have to beat that score so that I can post a better picture. :)

I'm still not sure I understand how Zador works (I had originally though the pieces had to be on the outside, but two pieces adjacent to each other within the image can also be removed I found out).

A fun little group of games this week for sure. Zenji has been a long time favourite of mine, Yoomp I had tried but never played on real hardware before, and I can see myself getting hooked on Zador.

For Zador any two adjacent pieces that can be linked either by a straight line, or, a line shape taking one or two 90 degree turns. More hints on 1st post. Fun game ;)

YOOMP was never mine...

I got really problems with this game ever.

What the hell is going on to have taht much points here?

Bunsen & Co - are you one with the machine?

Crazy, hehe...

So no panic I guess in this game I will be the last in line at the end...

YOOMP: 1177

post-38004-0-22195100-1420408543_thumb.png

For Zador any two adjacent pieces that can be linked either by a straight line, or, a line shape taking one or two 90 degree turns. More hints on 1st post. Fun game ;)

ZADOR ... love it !!!

played it ages ago more and more and more...

this time sadly checkmate (no move possible) sadly...

ZADOR: 4560

now bluecat will be playing Zador every night for the next two weeks :-o

Yoomp hints bounce in time to the music, remember you can press fire to jump if you need to get over a hole but usually the auto jump arrows are there. Sometimes keep the stick held L/R to make a loop around the screen.

Scores for me:

Zador 2,940 (4)

Level 1 bonus challenge 760 points.

post-19705-0-93303400-1420418200_thumb.jpg

Zenji with the music that always makes you think the time is running out; 19,595 turns out this is a good game too :)

post-19705-0-99369100-1420418202_thumb.jpg

Yoomp: 11,133

Markus, love this game, and yes I'm one with my machine :)

Some more Yoomp hints: You can catch Extra Lives in Level 1 and 3. Don't miss them! Watch out for the hearts! Every Live gives 100 Bonus Points at the end of every Level.

And one for enjoying: turn music volume on 1/3 and keep effects volume on full, take on your headphones, enable your double pokey. You will be blasted away! It's an amazing surround sound, you could even play blind - you can HEAR your position in the tube.

post-4699-0-84163700-1420470596_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It wasn't your instructions, it was me. I'm just not smart enough for this one - I can't believe you guys are getting to future levels. Amazing.

My new high is 380.

post-2091-0-06539200-1420484017_thumb.jpg