IGNORED

So, I was playing around with some binaries today....

CyranoJ

OK, here you are:

Contains:

All music

All sound effects

Screen fades

Splash screen

In-Game trainer options

A/B/C - Bomb/Jump/Gun

PAL/NTSC

4mb ROM

Awesome!! Can't wait to play the helll out of this tonight! Now that it's a ROM I have to flash it to the skunk right? No way to send it to RAM?

The plot of Rick Dangerous is kind of messed up if you think about it. He's presumably an anthropologist, going to this remote part of the amazon to study a tribe that is rumored to exist yet undiscovered. And when he finds them, he fails to establish peaceful contact/relations and winds up having to murder these indigenous people in droves, possible pushing their way of life to the brink of extinction. His smile on the title screen, holding a stick of dynamite and a gun, suggests that he enjoys this task and is likely a sadist, a sociopath, and a cut-throat opportunist. He more than likely came to the amazon as a tomb raider and treasure hunter under the guise of an anthropological expedition, his expedition funded by an organized crime syndicate in the NYC area . But hey it's 1945, colonialism may have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel but it isn't dead yet. Men like Rick Dangerous can still make a living selling pilfered antiquities on the worldwide black market to the world post WWII nouveau-riche. I imagine it will be decades before many of the artifacts are recovered or donated from private collections to make their way into museums of the world for the public to enjoy. So in essence this is like a grand theft auto "guilty pleasure" experience for the gamer...

• Like 1

Cool, I tried it yesterday and died horrible deaths which annoyed me and reminded that I do not have the patience anymore that I had as a ten year old. :)

Will try the 'new' Version later at home,having the different buttons sounds great in this day (maybe the Trainer as well:))

Thanks CJ

Btw, our little sprite doesn't look anything like the guy on the cover. It cracks me up.they changed it for part two.

Ooops, seems I uploaded the wrong file ;)

This one uses the optimized ST convert routine by SCPCD... as you can see, its a little bit quicker ;)

attachicon.gifrick_dangerous_07012015.rom

I thought I was running from that boulder a little slowly...lol

This could not be burned to a CD because its too big for the Jag CD's ram correct?

Edited by travistouchdown

Ooops, seems I uploaded the wrong file ;)

This one uses the optimized ST convert routine by SCPCD... as you can see, its a little bit quicker ;)

attachicon.gifrick_dangerous_07012015.rom

Dammit, this one is way too fast!! Should have kept an eye out for that winky face...Wasted a flash on this sucker..lol

Yep.

I'm gonna have to say: that's one hell of a ball you've gotten rolling there CJ.

Momentum is now expected. As standard... ;)

Nah, nobody wants more 'crappy 16bit ST ports' on the ossum Jagwaaaar 64-bit Multimedia Entertainment System :P

Besides, I've got this other thing to finish. Can't remember what it's called. Reboot-something? DS? Oids? Something like that.

Edited by CyranoJ

Nah, nobody wants more 'crappy 16bit ST ports' on the ossum Jagwaaaar 64-bit Multimedia Entertainment System :P

Besides, I've got this other thing to finish. Can't remember what it's called. Reboot-something? DS? Oids? Something like that.

Oh, Oids! Let's go save some oids!

• Like 2

I do have a skunk but as yet have not tried it (mostly as I don't have a lead long enough to reach the Jag from the PC..but I do intend to set up a 2nd Jag on my PC desk...anyway I burned the .ABS files to CD via Jiffi (as they were the only ST ports I could get to .CDI) and the following don't have sound:

Carrier Command

Frontier

Arkanoid

Mercenary

Sprint

Metro Cross

Buggy Boy

The following do have sound:

Virus

So..am I doing something wrong in discjuggler or will they only have sound in the Skunk?

Many thanks :)

I do have a skunk but as yet have not tried it (mostly as I don't have a lead long enough to reach the Jag from the PC..but I do intend to set up a 2nd Jag on my PC desk...anyway I burned the .ABS files to CD via Jiffi (as they were the only ST ports I could get to .CDI) and the following don't have sound:

Carrier Command

Frontier

Arkanoid

Mercenary

Sprint

Metro Cross

Buggy Boy

The following do have sound:

Virus

So..am I doing something wrong in discjuggler or will they only have sound in the Skunk?

Many thanks :)

Sound is always going to be one of the last things added. Just make 'pew pew' noises at the screen ;)

• Like 1