IGNORED

So, I was playing around with some binaries today....

CyranoJ

I hate it. From the bottom of my heart. You gotta like trial & error for this, there is no chance to master it with good reaction.^^

I started with updated graphics for the Mega Drive port years back, but gave up on it. It's cool to see homebrew on the Jag, every effort is welcome... but I still just hate the game.^^

I hate it. From the bottom of my heart. You gotta like trial & error for this, there is no chance to master it with good reaction.^^

I started with updated graphics for the Mega Drive port years back, but gave up on it. It's cool to see homebrew on the Jag, every effort is welcome... but I still just hate the game.^^

"Welcome to 80s gaming" :P

[EDIT]Updated graphics? Where[/EDIT]

Edited by ggn

Go buy a Nintendo if you want to be pampered and gently prodded toward the end of a game without having to think or be in danger at any point along the way ;D

nice!

i dont think i have ever really played this t great length so now might be that time.

hopfully you can sort out the music soon :)

Yeah, the next version will be a ROM, and have the music, and the trainer options from Andy The Arfling (to help all those nanny-state Nintendo hand-holding pansies get to the end)

Edited by CyranoJ

I had a lot of fun playing this tonight. How do you tell when the level ends, the chime noise? I think the Jag needs more platformers so really happy to have this added to the library. My only trouble was with shooting bullets, which didn't seem to want to cooperate, whereas I could lay a stick of dynamite every time.

Awesome and thanks again!

not sure if its the same on the actual ST version but when you are at the place indicated in the picture you die when that enemy reaches you even though he does not touch you as I can see?

does this happen on the original or is this just the jag being annoying / broken ?

post-18126-0-40097400-1420448888_thumb.png

not sure if its the same on the actual ST version but when you are at the place indicated in the picture you die when that enemy reaches you even though he does not touch you as I can see?

does this happen on the original or is this just the jag being annoying / broken ?

I was going to post a new ROM tonight, but it's not quite where I want it to be, and it's getting late.

I've...

Added the music

Got all SFX working

Added the palette fade routines (so the titles/scores/game fades in and out instead of jump cutting)

This is now a 4mb ROM.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll add the trainer to the start, and then it'll be done.

• Like 1

I was going to post a new ROM tonight, but it's not quite where I want it to be, and it's getting late.

I've...

Added the music

Got all SFX working

Added the palette fade routines (so the titles/scores/game fades in and out instead of jump cutting)

This is now a 4mb ROM.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll add the trainer to the start, and then it'll be done.

Awesome! Looking forward to playing more of this tonight. Music will add a lot to the game. Any attempts made to separate jump/shoot?

Lemmings isn't going to happen. I've seen what the code is like, and its not pretty.

There's no point requesting stuff - this isn't emulation, it isn't a case of just passing an ST binary to an 'emulator wrapper' and 'instant magic' - there is quite a bit of poking around required to get these to run.

Edited by CyranoJ

[EDIT]Updated graphics? Where[/EDIT]

Gave up on them, as the coder did not want to change the game again, but would have preferred work on Dangerous Xmas instead. That one was a GBA Port, so the MD version would be downscaled, which I wasn't half as interested in as in upgrading a game.

A shame in hindsight, as Rick MD was an ST port. So I could have sent the stuff to CJ now had I finished it. It was basically just touching up the visuals for a color maxof 64 at once instead of 16, which does make a big difference on a 320x240 screen. Rick actually has pretty nice graphics, suffring only from the reuse of colors for different purposes.

Yeah, the next version will be a ROM, and have the music, and the trainer options from Andy The Arfling (to help all those nanny-state Nintendo hand-holding pansies get to the end)

Take that back!

I'm a SEGA hand-holding pansy!