IGNORED

Translucent Jaguar Console Pre-Orders

Parrothead

Are you also re-engineering the cart cases after also or are they going to basically stay the same so more clear cart variants can be molded in the future?

The original molds have the ATARI letters. Those will be removed unfortunately, so if that means anything to you now is the time to order. It would be great if one of you bought a ton of them to have and hold onto if people want to buy them in the future. I will add a few extra to what ever all of you order but after I remove those letters they will be gone for good.

The original molds have the ATARI letters. Those will be removed unfortunately, so if that means anything to you now is the time to order. It would be great if one of you bought a ton of them to have and hold onto if people want to buy them in the future. I will add a few extra to what ever all of you order but after I remove those letters they will be gone for good.

The mold for the carts actually has two carts in it, doesn't it? Can you run just half the mold, or does it always do both cartridges? I was thinking you could maybe modify one cartridge by removing the Atari logo, and leave the other one intact for future use...

Or maybe the company can modify the mold in a way that can be undone if you ever wanted to...

Just kind of thinking out loud.. In case there's a way to modify it without permanently loosing the option to make 'official' cart shells in the future...

• Like 1

Unless Atari truly dies, making shells with their logo is not a good idea. Their lawyers have sent C&D letters to people using the logo without permission, even for homebrew use.

That would be ever so slightly annoying if you were sat on 1000s of those and had to destroy them. Hardly worth the risk.

Who cares if "Atari" is on the cart shell or not? It's not on my Protector SE cart, doesn't make me enjoy the game any less. It is on my Club Drive cart and I can safely say it doesn't make the game any better.

Yep. Can't think of any other home carts for consoles with logos embossed into the mold. It makes LESS than zero difference, the cart molds having or not having the logo...

Yep. Can't think of any other home carts for consoles with logos embossed into the mold. It makes LESS than zero difference, the cart molds having or not having the logo...

I think the Jaguar would've been more successful if all games had the Atari logo in the shell.

• Like 3

Who cares if "Atari" is on the cart shell or not? It's not on my Protector SE cart, doesn't make me enjoy the game any less. It is on my Club Drive cart and I can safely say it doesn't make the game any better.

Better grip when it comes to yanking it out?

But seriously, potentially $1000s invested in items that have a trademarked word/logo embossed on them to no real purpose or benefit. Put that into the context of the Jaguar having attracted some real fruitloops over the years who would get off seeing the carnage and fallout if they poked their finger in the air and told some tales.

Would not go there.

• Like 5

Unless Atari truly dies, making shells with their logo is not a good idea. Their lawyers have sent C&D letters to people using the logo without permission, even for homebrew use.

I was actually thinking more about just saving the history of the machine and the molds really... It'd be a shame to permanently destroy both of them if it's not really necessary. Just making a suggestion.

And, besides, he was already saying he was going to make the clear ones with the logo on them, so that part doesn't seem to be an issue.

• Like 1

I am planning on running the console shell tooling this week and will be posting photos of the console to begin with. We do have the insert for the back panel, but currently, I am being told by the tool shop that it will not work with the console shell tooling we received. Not sure what the problem is yet, but there is a good chance these will be without the back panels. I will confirm later this week. Hope you can all work with this if it is our only option. Again, I am only going to be running the translucent cases this one time for the forseeable future.

More to come . . . . . . .

Another update !! :) :)

Ok, the plan is to install the tooling this Friday towards the end of the day here in California if the machine frees up by then (should know from IJ mold company 100% tomorrow morning and will reconfirm here). The reason is I have a very short window to set them up and run these translucent cases. So have to run one top shell first late Friday to post photo (in this thread) and show you all, and then you will have all weekend until 8 AM Monday Morning Pacific USA to get your order and payment in. Then we will produce your orders on Monday and ship them off by end of the week.

Payments will be via Paypal to admin@gamegavel.com.

Trans Jag Console Shell + Button, Spring and Light Pipe = $45 USA Each delivered

Trans Carts, no fasteners = $8 USA Each delivered or included with your console Jag for no additional shipping

Add $25 US for First Class International. All items will ship boxed!

As soon as I have the photo (Friday night hopefully) I will post an image of the top half of the console shell so you can seen what the translucence will look like -- it's going to be a polycarbonate not ABS. I am still trying to see if we can install the back panel tooling section but again, don't count on it at this point. The backs will more than likely be open just like the white ones sold on eBay.

I really need to sell around 50 of the shells to break even on this (they are charging me setup fees for each of the three tools, shell top and bottom and cartridge + material) so please let's try and get this to around 50 or more for the console (cart qty can be whatever at that point). If you want to order a couple extras just so they are made and "in the world" feel free to order them and sell them on your own down the road. As I said, this will be the last time I run these for the long forseeable future.

The cartridges will be run next week sometime, but at least you will see what the translucent will look like on the console shell. I will not be posting a photo of the cart shell so if you want some carts, you will have to order and pay for them with your console order.

If you guys are on other forums where folks might be interested, please direct them to this thread here on AA. Let's try and get a bunch of these made up :)

Any questions, reach me at socalmike@gamegavel.com

Thanks guys!

- Mike

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 3