IGNORED

Translucent Jaguar Console Pre-Orders

Parrothead

was the backplate issue fixed? previous posts seem to be bit sketchy on if its there or not, also the cartridge port supports shown on the white bottom shown in the pictures wasnt that missing on these moulds?

both are an issue for me if i was buying a case.

the cartridge cases are very nice however and and contemplating a few of those.

One thing I don't understand: why only one production run? I get that it's very expensive and a hassle to do a run, but why not leave the possibility open for the future if these sell well?

If you can't do a second run, may I suggest running off at least a few extras? Otherwise, once the only run is complete, the eBay speculator crowd will turn around and start flogging these on eBay for massive markups.

• Like 1

One thing I don't understand: why only one production run? I get that it's very expensive and a hassle to do a run, but why not leave the possibility open for the future if these sell well?

If you can't do a second run, may I suggest running off at least a few extras? Otherwise, once the only run is complete, the eBay speculator crowd will turn around and start flogging these on eBay for massive markups.

I'm a little confused by this as well. If you have 50 people pledging for cases, make 100. The cost to make the extras is miniscule compared to the setup costs.

Doesn't affect me if I get one. I have a short time to think about getting a case. If I get one now, the less extras they make the better. Makes it rarer ;-)

Maybe Atari Age should buy a huge shipment of these and keep them in stock here for many years to come.

Wow. That's pretty forward thinking and mightily considerate of you.

Where are you going to keep them all and where in the world are you located? Just for my own reference, in case I want to buy a shell from you in 10 years or so and you're still sat on lots and lots of stock.

Lemme know. Thanks.

Wow. That's pretty forward thinking and mightily considerate of you.

Where are you going to keep them all and where in the world are you located? Just for my own reference, in case I want to buy a shell from you in 10 years or so and you're still sat on lots and lots of stock.

Lemme know. Thanks.

Huh? :?

Ya, those date dials are built in as well as quite a few other things that normally wouldn't be seen unless clear. And the date dial only goes as far as 1996.

Hah, interesting. I looked at some of the other pics, very interesting. Doesn't change the fact that you are making them happen, any less cool. Hats off. :thumbsup:

Hah, interesting. I looked at some of the other pics, very interesting. Doesn't change the fact that you are making them happen, any less cool. Hats off. :thumbsup:

I agree, he could have just modified them as needed for the RETRO VGS project and not made these cases available. I think the translucent cases are very cool, including the cartridges. And you'll only see the date dials when looking at the back of the cart. Normally there will be a board in the cart and a label on the front anyway. And he's taken lots of photos and videos during the process, which has been very interesting to see. :)

..Al

• Like 1

64x tears for no CD Player shell :_(

Very much agreed on that ^ - The JaguarCD Player would have been awesome in translucent, its really too bad Imagin discarded the moulds for it. :( :(

Oh well, now I have decisions to make, I think I'm a least going to get some cartridge cases, but should I get a clear Jaguar case and try to fix all the screw/support post positions?(there's only 4 tho) and hope I don't super glue it in the wrong spot and that the MoBo doesn't move around/snap a post off when I firmly press a cart in? Idk, i guess if I took my time I could do it. Doesn't really matter about the back being open though. Of course for this to be coolest the console will have to be run without the top shielding in place so all her inside parts, lol, Tom & Jerry & MC68000/RAM/Bios chip, etc. can be seen. :-D Does anyone think it'll heat up more without all the shielding?

Edited by ovalbugmann