IGNORED

Translucent Jaguar Console Pre-Orders

Parrothead

Hi all

Would I be ok to get hold of an NTSC / USA Jag motherboard for the translucent case for use with a UK power adapter? Both USA and UK adapters output 9v DC 1.2A so I can't see the problem there plus my TVs detect both NTSC and PAL.

Cheers

Console uses the same voltage (9V), regardless of wall voltage. I have a US console using a Euro power supply.

• Like 1

Hi all

Would I be ok to get hold of an NTSC / USA Jag motherboard for the translucent case for use with a UK power adapter? Both USA and UK adapters output 9v DC 1.2A so I can't see the problem there plus my TVs detect both NTSC and PAL.

Cheers

So an ntsc board and rf cage are on their way to me. What have we all got.in mind? I'm just going to shove the board and rf cage in there. Something about not having the cage doesn't seem quite right with me. Shant do region mod or swap the led to a blue one like I did with my white shell.

Can't keep a Jaguar caged for too long 'ya know!

Seriously… unless you plan on using the RF output on the Jag, why bother? Any (if at all) spurious noise from the system would/should/maybe/probably not even affect the RF output today. Could always add an aluminium (spelt that way just for you Guitari - ha!) painted pattern to your shell, which would turn her back into a Panther if you're worried about such "noise". :lol:

So an ntsc board and rf cage are on their way to me. What have we all got.in mind? I'm just going to shove the board and rf cage in there. Something about not having the cage doesn't seem quite right with me. Shant do region mod or swap the led to a blue one like I did with my white shell.

Not sure if I see the point, if you're going to leave the ugly cage on it. :?

• Like 1

I wonder why they didnt do something similar to this kickstart with the molds

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1670214687/original-commodore-64c-computer-housing-in-new-coo

Kickstarter really does best with products with more general appeal. There's a relatively large market of C-64 enthusiasts and a relatively small market of Jaguar enthusiasts.

• Like 1