IGNORED

Translucent Jaguar Console Pre-Orders

Parrothead

Congratulations on the demand. Those are some impressive numbers. Maybe you can get away with funding the console just by selling extra colored Jag shells? Probably not but maybe the creation of the console shell at least.

Yeah, count me in if you ever do red or translucent red...

• Like 2

I may have a few extra, as I did order some overage, but will have to see how the final #'s actually work out as I don't have that info in front of me at the moment. We did sell around 600 carts and about 150 consoles so the demand was quite a bit more than I was planning, but hey, that's a good thing.

Another update on production. The injection molder had an issue with the carts not being filled in correctly with the polycarbonate in the machine they were planning on using to make those runs and turns out had to remove the tool from the one machine and will be placing it in another machine with some different operating specs that they tell me will be able to finish the job (something to do with having two cavities on the cart tool), but one that is currently committed to another job. They are telling me it will be spoken for until Friday of this week or Monday of next week at the latest. Once it frees up they will finish the cart run. All consoles are done at this time waiting on the carts.

Ok... well I was wanting at least 4 carts - let me know please.

I wonder how many were bought to insert a board, and sell on ebay. will be interesting to see in the next few weeks how many pop up.

I debated getting one, but i was thinking it would be hard to keep looking good and not be a dust trap.

Edited by mickcris
  • Like 1

I may have a few extra, as I did order some overage, but will have to see how the final #'s actually work out as I don't have that info in front of me at the moment. We did sell around 600 carts and about 150 consoles so the demand was quite a bit more than I was planning, but hey, that's a good thing.

Another update on production. The injection molder had an issue with the carts not being filled in correctly with the polycarbonate in the machine they were planning on using to make those runs and turns out had to remove the tool from the one machine and will be placing it in another machine with some different operating specs that they tell me will be able to finish the job (something to do with having two cavities on the cart tool), but one that is currently committed to another job. They are telling me it will be spoken for until Friday of this week or Monday of next week at the latest. Once it frees up they will finish the cart run. All consoles are done at this time waiting on the carts.

Will there be a possible 2nd run of clear shells? Or maybe a run of a different color soon???

they should be shipping next week from what I hear

as for cd shells, I think mike said no because the company that did it tossed the mold out.

Roger that. I was thinking they shipped out this week and I'm really curious to see them populated. Edited by AtariBorn

Hey everyone! Ok, sorry for the slight delay. The cartridges held us up a bit but I am being told by my injection molder that the job is complete and I can start picking up this afternoon. With that said, I have boxes and bubble wrap all ready to go and shipping will begin tomorrow. There are about 70 packages I need to get out and I will work through them as fast as I can over the next 7 days. Thanks again and I can't wait for you all to start receiving these and seeing what you do with them :)

Please follow our progress with the new console, the RETRO VGS over on our Facebook page if you have some interest in seeing what these will ultimately be repurposed for. We may be able to do another run of Jag console colors in the future, but don't count on it for a while :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RETRO-VGS/783316545070951

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 2

Hey everyone! Ok, sorry for the slight delay. The cartridges held us up a bit but I am being told by my injection molder that the job is complete and I can start picking up this afternoon. With that said, I have boxes and bubble wrap all ready to go and shipping will begin tomorrow. There are about 70 packages I need to get out and I will work through them as fast as I can over the next 7 days. Thanks again and I can't wait for you all to start receiving these and seeing what you do with them :)

Please follow our progress with the new console, the RETRO VGS over on our Facebook page if you have some interest in seeing what these will ultimately be repurposed for. We may be able to do another run of Jag console colors in the future, but don't count on it for a while :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RETRO-VGS/783316545070951

Let me know if you have any carts leftover so I can order some. I know you've been busy but I never heard back. Just say 'yes" and I'll send payment over.

Thanks...

Will there be any extra?????

We may be able to do another run of Jag console colors in the future, but don't count on it for a while :)

Hoping it will be a clear blue shell............

Hi Clint,

At this point I need to ship all the initial orders and see how much I have left. Once I have mailed out everything and if there are any left overs, I will let you know :)

Let me know if you have any carts leftover so I can order some. I know you've been busy but I never heard back. Just say 'yes" and I'll send payment over.

Thanks...

• Like 2

Hi Clint,

At this point I need to ship all the initial orders and see how much I have left. Once I have mailed out everything and if there are any left overs, I will let you know :)

You might want to hold on to whatever extras you have till everyone receives their packages and are 100% satisfied. You might end up having to resend some do to lost packages or potentially items that arrived damaged during shipment.

• Like 3

I missed out on all this initially, but if there are any left, or another run is done later, I'd definitely like the full base unit (was there a bottom mold done?) and a couple of cartridge cases too. If there is no bottom mold for the base unit, then all I want are some cartridge shells. As many as I can get up to 6.

Edited by Gunstar

You might want to hold on to whatever extras you have till everyone receives their packages and are 100% satisfied. You might end up having to resend some do to lost packages or potentially items that arrived damaged during shipment.

Shhhh.... I want my clear cases!!! :P

Who am I kidding... I'll just buy some from you seeing as how you bought 50 of them, I'm only asking for a few. ;-)