IGNORED

Something else with a II in the title...

CyranoJ

A couple weeks ago I had to drag my roommate over to play this with me. And she was kicking and screaming the whole time.

Her: this is stupid...

this is stupid...

this is stupid...

this is a stupid game...

let's play again.

Me this week: Come help me play Llamatron this weekend.

Her: I want to play the other game where we're running around in the rooms chopping at things.

Me: Gauntlet?

Her: Yeah whatever it was called. I like that one.

Thanks again CJ. :)

• Like 2

From the comments, did The Liard move to the Ukraine? ROLOLOLTROLOLROLF. Possibly too timid to say that here on AA, or more likely, already banned.

Nice vid tho, thanks for making it - glad YOU had fun playing it, and I had fun doing it - and that's all that matters.

Haters gonna hate and all that :)

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 2

What a weird comment on Jan's video. You've apparently forced the Jaguar to play a 27 year old Atari ST game as "a direct snub against Matthias Domin's Impulse X"... urgh, why do these people try so hard to be miserable all the time?

There's actually no shortage of these mysterious accounts owned by equally mysteriously "well informed" and really-not-biased-at-all anonymous types. There's probably only 1 or 2 people behind them.

This account is likely owned by someone who is English and into dreamcast warez, judging by their comments on other videos. Also borderline racist (anti-French, anti-German and anti-Japanese comments). That's where my detective skills end and CBA sets in. If we got Neo on the case, he'd probably find further details such as the address of his shack in the woods, the doctor he visits for speech therapy and the online store where he buys his glow-in-the-dark fap lube.

Anyway, typical angsty anonymous keyboard warrior, so powerful, such macho.

• Like 4

Gauntlet on Jaguar? Somebody pinch me I must be dreaming!!

THANK YOU

DITTO!! I'm a massive Gauntlet II fan (as can be seen from the pic attached)!! Gauntlet II is what got me into MULTI-Player gaming at the arcades and then on home cpmputers & consoles. Gauntlet II is what got me to buy an ST (as it was included in the Power Pack - best damned games compilation EVER) along with a 4P adapter for the ST. Now, Gauntlet II is what's going to make me set-up my Jag and Skunkboard!! :-D

CJ this is great! I've done a lot of Gauntlet playing of the various editions over the years so this will be fun to try out.

Same here!! I've got two tubs of Gauntlet games and memorabilia (doing an upcoming special for it this year ;) ) and i can't wait to try it out on the Jag! Big part of this eagerness to see it on the Jag is ever since Tempest 2000 got released, along with D2K and Breakout 2000, i always wished to see one remake for the Jag back in the day (and still do): Gauntlet 2000 ... aah, if only...

Leatherneck is another 4-player ST game…do we know of any other 3 or 4 player games for the ST that used such tricks as the Parallel Port-to-Joystick adapters back in the day to accomplish that?

I collect all 4P CIB games i can get my hands on, and all the commercially released 4P ST games that i am aware of and have are Gauntlet II, Leatherneck and Dynablaster.

I know of another "II" game… MIDI Maze 2. :)

The Jaguar and the Lynx both deserved to have MIDI Maze ports to them back in the day. I wonder if that ST wrapper could simulate MIDI over the JagLink networking. From what I remember, the Lynx's ComLynx port was either actually MIDI or was compatible with it.

HELL YEAH!! My favourite ST game!! We actually linked up 4 ST's back in the day in my bedroom to play this. The trip hazard and fire hazard that was that MIDI Maze II Saturday night was well worth it! :-D

Always wished i could play MIDI Maze II (or 2000 ;) ) on the Jag and/or Lynx...

post-4088-0-99786900-1423746824_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

Gauntlet on Jaguar? Somebody pinch me I must be dreaming!!

Not that any was solicited, but here is a little feedback-

-Sound a bit scratchy in places

-Would love 4P eventually, Gauntlet rocks in 2-4p and the Jag doesn't have enough games that are 4p

-Anyway to get rid of the border for full screen? (I'm stretching here...)

These are MINOR issues, all in all i'm happy as a clam right now. Have this in flash slot one, Rick D in flash slot two, its going to be a long night!

THANK YOU

Is their an abs file for Gauntlet if not I may have to invest in a skunk board

• 2 months later...

Cool! Too bad we may never see a cart of this, but good work! I have the original Gauntlet cabinet and always loved the series. Did the second installment remove all those annoying instructional pauses in the first few levels?

I swear i saw a pic of a retro gaming convention where people were playing the game on a translucent jaguar cartridge

What a weird comment on Jan's video. You've apparently forced the Jaguar to play a 27 year old Atari ST game as "a direct snub against Matthias Domin's Impulse X"... urgh, why do these people try so hard to be miserable all the time?

There's actually no shortage of these mysterious accounts owned by equally mysteriously "well informed" and really-not-biased-at-all anonymous types. There's probably only 1 or 2 people behind them.

This account is likely owned by someone who is English and into dreamcast warez, judging by their comments on other videos. Also borderline racist (anti-French, anti-German and anti-Japanese comments). That's where my detective skills end and CBA sets in. If we got Neo on the case, he'd probably find further details such as the address of his shack in the woods, the doctor he visits for speech therapy and the online store where he buys his glow-in-the-dark fap lube.

Anyway, typical angsty anonymous keyboard warrior, so powerful, such macho.

Well I can't defend the negative tone directed towards people just trying to have fun but I questioned it the first time I heard about it "Atari ST games on Jaguar, what, why?".

My first thought was why the ST versions rather than the original arcade versions ported since the Jaguar and ST aren't very similar from what I read there. In some ways I can appreciate the port content getting another layer of preservation but I guess that depends how close you stay to that versions game logic code.

On the other hand whatever form it takes all the better for the Jaguar embracing 2D games in the same way the Sega Saturn did for 2D arcade games albeit in Japan only. :D

Did CyranoJ ever get a Team Tap? They have one here for not too much, someone pick this up for him because they probably don't ship to his shores. ;)

http://www.lukiegames.com/Atari-Jaguar-Team-Tap-Multi-player-Adapter-_p_22152.html