IGNORED

The first Nintendo Product?

NES, Christmas 1991, shortly followed by a Gameboy. I was on vacation with my family at the Club Med in St. Lucia around 1993 and saw a kid with an Atari Lynx. I thought he must be rich to have such a high powered niche handheld system like that. I wanted one but I thought it was out of reach for me because it looked really high end at the time...

• Like 1

I remember a couple of friends having the LCD G&W stuff BITD, but were never impressed by them. Always felt the 2 screen clamshell stuff added a bit of class or complexity to what they were however.

First Nintendo product we ever owned would have been the actual Donkey Kong arcade game around the time of its release - '81/'82. They never stuck around for long though as they were super popular and in demand.

As soon as DK was released for the 2600, finally convinced my parents to get me one for Christmas. Yes, I even liked 2600 DK that well. :)

• Like 1

First Nintendo product we ever owned would have been the actual Donkey Kong arcade game around the time of its release - '81/'82. They never stuck around for long though as they were super popular and in demand.

I don't get it... it sounds like your saying you personally had the ACTUAL arcade cabinet version of the game back in '81/'82... but had to get rid of it because it was popular and in demand? and then begged for the VCS version???

I don't understand what you're saying... but that's pretty cool if you had your own brand new arcade cab back in the day!

Edited by Torr

I don't get it... it sounds like your saying you personally had the ACTUAL arcade cabinet version of the game back in '81/'82... but had to get rid of it because it was popular and in demand? and then begged for the VCS version???

I don't understand what you're saying... but that's pretty cool if you had your own brand new arcade cab back in the day!

Yes, my Dad restored arcade machines BITD and some would stick around longer than others. DK and Pac-Man were two titles that NEVER stuck around for very long (day or two, maybe a few days tops), so naturally, wanted to play them in *some* incarnation and I chose the Atari 2600 (cost reasons, availability/popularity, friends had it, etc.) at the time. Believe me when I say that an Atari 2600 was a tough sell... trying to convince my parents it was a worthy enough purchase that is. ;)

They finally caved after an entire year of convincing though! :lol:

• Like 2

The horrible DK for the INTV was the first thing I owned, for some reason I still remember the exact winter day I got that game. I played the heck out of that version, despite it being all around a terrible game. After that it was a NES Action Set some years later.

• Like 1