IGNORED

What's your rarest item in your collection and what's your favorite?

In terms of pure rarity, I've got a bunch of old Macintosh games still in their boxes. Who else has a boxed copy of Thexder or AutoDuel? :-D Not exactly valuable though.

Thexder is my favorite computer game of all time! I played that game so much on the old Apple IIGS. I'd actually be interested in buying or trading for it. I have a boxed copy of Shufflepuck Cafe for the Macintosh, you know you want it.

Regarding rare, but not valuable, that is a trend with computer games. If it's a rare console game, no matter how bad it is, then it commands lots of money. However, I have some Apple II games that are so rare that there may only be a handful of copies that exist in the world, but likely wouldn't sell for more than $50 or so on eBay.

Edited by Tanrunomad

Thexder is my favorite computer game of all time! I played that game so much on the old Apple IIGS. I'd actually be interested in buying or trading for it. I have a boxed copy of Shufflepuck Cafe for the Macintosh, you know you want it.

Really? Yeah, if you want it, send me a PM. I could probably dig it up and send it your way for cheap.

My Sinclair ZX80, Telegames DINA, and Tandy 2 (a supposedly custom-made TRS-80 Model II which I can find absolutely zero information on) are probably my rarest systems. My JVC X'Eye, TRS-80 Model I, and Commodore SX64 are runners-up.

(Speaking of the ZX80 -- which is PAL -- I also have an NTSC ZX81. It's not really rare AFAIK but usually here in the U.S. you see Timex 1000s instead of ZX81s.)

As for software, probably either Stadium Mud Buggies (Intellivision) or my Magicard repro (a Sunmark, I believe) with manual, cassette interface schematic, and keyboard controller overlays. I don't really have anything super-rare. My collection's more quantity-over-rarity. :-D

My rarest item?

A boxed Gamate probably, mostly complete (original batteries and earbuds missing).

Another one might be rare; I have a 3DO modded weirdly : S-video output obtured with this professionnal black tape (the same that you can see on the last Atari 2600 woodgrain to hide the former joytick plugs, or the Master system...) and there is a cable coming out of the system, wired on what seems to be the Cd unit. So I think this unit was used as a demo unit, wired to an external CD drive, maybe a mulitple CD unit, or the wiring allowed for external video and joytisck output.

My favorite? In the rarest, or in general?

It varies.

But the Starpath Supercharger I have is one. Well BTW it's a PAL labeled one, so it's probably rarest than the US one.

Hi guys,

My rarest item in my collection is my Japanese Vectrex system that I purchased loose in 2002. According to what I was told, only two existed in the western hemisphere during that time! I purchased it from a seller in Sweden. I'm sure more are in this part of the world. But when I had the chance to purchase it. I jumped on it immediately!

My Neo-Geo collection is rare as well in my stash.

As far as my favorite? I like them all to be honest!

Anthony...

My rarest games are the K-Tel 2600 games Spider Maze and Vulture Attack. I've owned loose copies of both since the 90's. They weren't on any lists when I first bought them. I had a second copy of Vulture Attack but I recently traded it.

On the hardware side I would say my Commodore PET. Not too many still kicking around. It's labeled as a 4016 but has 32K of RAM and internal switches to flip between 40 and 80 column modes. I think there is also an 80 column ROM that gets switched as well.

My rarest items:

* Colecovision. Super Sketch complete in box. Q*Bert Qubes CIB. Loose Wizmath.

* Atari VCS. Swordquest: Waterworld loose with comic, manual and guide.

* Intellivision. Commando

* Sega Master System. OutRun 3D

* MSX. Gradius 1, Gradius 2, Gradius 3 and Salamander, everything CIB

I'm pretty fond of my Burgertime CIB for Colecovision, maybe because it was the first CIB in my collection :)

I do not have anything especially rare for the 2600 -- River Raid II (R6) is probably the rarest.

I have both Team Buddies and Tail of the Sun for the PlayStation, both of which are reasonably rare.

If I had to pick a favourite 2600 game, it would be Asteroids. It was one of the first three games that I ever had (together with Combat and Donkey Kong). It is one of the few that I still play (albeit now in emulation).

Hmm... rarest... not sure. I pretty much sold anything that had any real substantial value just because... an old game worth hundreds of dollars is worth more to me with that money in my daughter's 529 college education account. But I guess I would have to say at this point... probably my Atari Jaguar homebrews, or all the games that I got back in the day for the Jag that are impossible to find now... or Submarine Commander for the 2600.

As far as my favorite, this one is tough... I have a couple:

Choplifter for the 7800, Impulse-X, Defender 2000, and Protector SE for the Jaguar.

My rarest would have to be the CBS clamshell Donkey Kong for the Intellivision, so far I only know of five in collections (I managed to get two). Apart from that I have few rarities, Tutankham for Intellivision and Mr Do's Castle for Colecovision, but not anything too super rare.

My favourite though would have to be Grips03 IntyII Arcade Controller.

• Like 1

My Sinclair ZX80, Telegames DINA, and Tandy 2 (a supposedly custom-made TRS-80 Model II which I can find absolutely zero information on) are probably my rarest systems. My JVC X'Eye, TRS-80 Model I, and Commodore SX64 are runners-up.

(Speaking of the ZX80 -- which is PAL -- I also have an NTSC ZX81. It's not really rare AFAIK but usually here in the U.S. you see Timex 1000s instead of ZX81s.)

As for software, probably either Stadium Mud Buggies (Intellivision) or my Magicard repro (a Sunmark, I believe) with manual, cassette interface schematic, and keyboard controller overlays. I don't really have anything super-rare. My collection's more quantity-over-rarity. :-D

Totally forgot about my Fairchild Channel F dustcloth and accompanying paperwork (yes, there's paperwork with the dustcloth used to keep the Channel F's dust lid clean :P ). That might be my rarest video game related item; in over 15 years of collecting, I've never heard of anyone else who has one. I doubt it's worth anything though, even though it's very lightly used, if it ever was at all. Most of the wear on it looks like it came from sitting in its envelope for 25 years.

It's not a very sexy collectible, but it's something! :-D

• Like 2

I have a dirty E.T. cartridge that was buried in a landfill. Someone told me it's rare. I think I got a good deal for only $200, right? heh jk

I do have a few rares, but nothing as insanely rare as some of you.

O2: Power Lords CIB

2600: Tooth Protectors is probably my rarest (also have single-ender Spike's Peak, is it really that rare (R9)?)

5200: Bounty Bob Strikes Back

Colecovision: Wiz Math

Vectrex: Polar Rescue

SMS: James Buster Douglas Knockout Boxing (missing manual)

NES: Panic Restaurant - purchased for $5 at a game store many years ago

SNES: Aero Fighters - found for $6 at a local book store about 2 years ago (my luckiest find!)

TG: The Dynastic Hero

Sega CD: Keio Flying Squadron

PS3: Aquanaut's Holiday Chinese/English edition

Edited by glazball

Rarest for me would be my copy of Alcazar for the Colecovision. My US copy of Jack Bros for the Virtual Boy would be a close second.

My favorite item is my Virtual Boy, which has had the displays properly soldered to the main board. I'll never have the dreaded display problems on this system!

Not sure I have anything that would be considered "rare". To me a grail was a Tengen Tetris I found at Goodwill for $2 years back.

Since CoCo stuff seems to be getting more scarce, perhaps my complete Interbank Incident game might rank up there.

I can't say I have a favorite of my "rares" except maybe my magazines. I love my VG&CE collection-complete up tomthe last issue with that title.

Not counting homebrew items, which are automatically going to be pretty rare, I suppose my NIB Vistion GBA with install kit is my favorite and most rare item. Not sure it's especially valuable, because I think it might be a little 'too rare' for that. Maybe some day it will be worth close to what the Car Marty is currently going for.

For valuable, nothing too huge. What comes to mind:

Omega MVS

Pier Solar sealed US-style first run

working Jag CD

2x sealed gbm systems

Edited by Reaperman