IGNORED

What's your rarest item in your collection and what's your favorite?

I think the rarest thing I own is a gold N64 controller from a Starfox 64 competition at E3 back in 95 or 96. Purely from a number produced perspective it's far and away the rarest thing I own. I have some of the rarer Japanese Virtual Boy games, Pole Position on Vectrex and a full Jag CD longbox collection.

Originally, I said my sealed Adventurevision games were the rarest that I own (I also own a loose AV system). I may have to rescind this statement. I have a Genesis Air Buster glove. I got the game in the early 90's and it came with a card that I sent out to get the free glove. I still have the game and glove. Supposedly, the glove is so exceptionally rare many even doubt its existence. Pics will come if anyone is at all interested.

• Like 1

I have a dirty E.T. cartridge that was buried in a landfill. Someone told me it's rare. I think I got a good deal for only $200, right? heh jk

I recently discovered my E.T. cartridge fell out of the trash back in the 80s and has been under the dumpster all these years. It is not only dirty but greasy too. Would you like to add it to your collection for $200? I would be glad to put my gloves on and clean the contacts for you.

Oh and my favorites: tie between 8 bit pacman arcade and 7800 pacman collection.

Edited by SIO2

Originally, I said my sealed Adventurevision games were the rarest that I own (I also own a loose AV system). I may have to rescind this statement. I have a Genesis Air Buster glove. I got the game in the early 90's and it came with a card that I sent out to get the free glove. I still have the game and glove. Supposedly, the glove is so exceptionally rare many even doubt its existence. Pics will come if anyone is at all interested.

Yes, pics please! I enjoy seeing what such rare items look like :)

Don't know about valuable, but the GBATV has to be fairly rare, I was playing on TV almost two years before Gameboy player was out (in the us, probably was out a while in japan)

Rarest game, probably lemmings for the lynx. A fairly common game for almost every 8 and 16 bit system ever...but for some reason, it was fairly rare on the lynx. It was the highest I ever paid for an out of production game. And only one game that matched it in production, that was SNES starfox. Don't know what it's worth now, but I paid $80 for each of them back when I got them.

I have DK64 and Zelda Majora's Mask NFR carts. Doubt there's a significant difference in the code from the main run, but they have the NFR info printed on the label as well as store info (I miss game demo units)

• Like 1